Content Operations Manager at Guild Education (Austin, TX or Remote)
For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 28 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Content Operations Manager. This role will be leading multi-functional content development projects in multiple channels for our Consumer Marketing (B2C) team! The ideal candidate is a skilled writer with experience helping to lead small writing teams to success and is passionate about content that encourages and guides consumers through the end-to-end experience to help them unlock opportunities and achieve career goals.
You will partner closely with the Growth & Client Marketing, Product Marketing, Member Experience, and Research & Analytics teams to ensure that our solutions deliver a compelling experience for our adult learners - employees within our client accounts (F1000 companies).
In particular, we are looking for a content creation professional who understands the importance of bringing together the right tools, contributors, workflows, and aligned content to unify the consumer experience and ensure content continues to provide value long after its publish date.
Craft content (messaging/copy) that is clear, inspirational, and performant in helping guide learners to achieve career goals.
- Be a content creator, editor, and curator, keeping our audience at the core of everything we do.
- Identify content development needs and authoritatively implement to meet those needs using research and/or data whenever possible
- Use content performance insights to inform future strategy and execution.
Develop processes that drive high-quality writing and efficiency among a small team of writers.
- Seamlessly cross-collaborate with others to develop standard operating procedure (SOP) strategy, resolve inefficiencies, and continuously improve processes, standards, and workflows to drive stability and consistency.
- Complete content audits and gap analysis to derive insights that will help to improve content ops.
- Build and own editorial calendar for consumer audience; collaborate with other business units to share and repurpose content.
- Own intake and end-to-end project management necessary to satisfy content requests
- Offer feedback and support to writers as they work to complete projects
Be a thought leader in laying content operations foundation
- Play a meaningful role in evolving the team’s infrastructure to become a future center of excellence.
- Help to build cross-functional alignment by partnering with Product Marketing, Growth Marketing, and Member Services, to further drive collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Set standards and ensure compliance for content contributors in various channels
- 5+ years experience in writing, with demonstrable skills in multi-channel asset development and copy editing.
- 3+ years experience guiding writers through all stages of content creation, with clear project management responsibilities including intake and discovery, assigning and supervising projects, managing workloads, and evaluating performance
- 1+ years of professional experience with KMS/CMS tools; experience developing publishing workflows
- Expertise in content marketing across channels and departments
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 3+ years content marketing management in a B2C environment (experience in higher education and learning a bonus)
- Ability to lead programs & projects in a large, matrix organization
- An eye for creativity & the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and skills
- Excellent written/oral presentation and strong story-telling skills
- Experience with information architecture a strong plus
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $85,000- $111,250 as well as variable compensation (bonus) eligibility and company stock options.
At Guild, we unlock the talent and economic potential of America’s workforce for employees and their companies. We partner with the nation’s largest employers—including Walmart, Chipotle, Discover, Hilton, Macy’s, Target, and The Walt Disney Company—to create cultures of opportunity that help them attract and retain top talent, while building the workforce of the future from within. By using our proprietary Career Opportunity Platform to develop education and learning programs that work in the real-world, thousands of employees at those companies have gained the skills, knowledge, and guidance they need to build a brighter future for themselves and their families—all without paying for tuition or career services on their own.
Guild is female-founded and a certified B Corp. The company has been named to the TIME100 Most Influential Companies of 2022 list, CNBC Disruptor50 list three years in a row, Inc. Best Led Companies list, Fast Co. World Changing Ideas list and the B Lab Best for the World list among many others.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- Open vacation policy for employees to rest and recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions fcan be requested for medical or religious reasons.