Effective Spend is hiring a Content Writer to join our growing SEO Content and Digital PR marketing team. In this role, your main responsibility will be to create high-quality content for our clients to capture attention, ignite authority, and drive non-branded traffic. As part of our growing team, you’ll also be implementing integrated marketing strategies, including content marketing, SEO, and digital public relations to take your writing to the next level.
The ideal applicant is an excellent writer with experience crafting content for a wide range of industries, such as B2B technology, travel, and/or health and beauty. Experience crafting both long- and short-form content is required. Having a base level knowledge of SEO is a plus, but not required to excel in this role, as long as you’re a creative, deep thinker who loves to write with purpose. We provide training to our team members so you can expand your SEO knowledge and learn how to apply multiple marketing disciplines to an in-depth, impactful strategy for our clients.
- Content Writing – Ideate and craft high-quality content to use on client websites (blogs, product pages, case studies, etc.) as well as off-page opportunities, such as content contributorships and editorials
- Support client content calendar development – brainstorm research-backed content ideas to supplement clients’ existing content calendars. Create outlines and clear instructions so that clients’ content resources can execute our content vision internally
- Research and ideate content topics and other link building PR opportunities for clients alongside the PR Manager to use in their outreach efforts.
- Support deep content dives/audits to plan robust strategy for clients – identify the content gaps, what content could be better, etc.
- Drive existing SEO campaign growth with current clients by continuously suggesting future content opportunities where available.
- Digital Public Relations – Assist our Digital Public Relations team to gain brand mentions and links for our clients. Monitor and manage HARO requests to connect our clients with reporters around the world. Assist with building media lists and conducting tactical link building, such as reaching out to be included in listicles and updating unlinked brand mentions
Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, journalism, communications, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience regularly producing content for professional purposes is required.
- Superior writing skills– Proven competency in blog/content writing, case study development, and/or web content.
- Grammatical proficiency and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to build relationships and trust with clients
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and/or SEO tools a plus (e.g. MOZ, BrightEdge, WebCEO, Ahrefs, Majestic)
- Digital agency experience is a strong plus
- Growth Mentality– Embraces intellectual challenges and seizes opportunities to improve skills and seek out new knowledge.
- Analytical– Approaches strategy and projects with a data-driven perspective.
- Passionate– Brings it. Hungry, ambitious, motivated and competitive, with a strong work ethic.
- Resourceful– Will Google literally anything. A true self-starter that enjoys learning new skills and researching new ideas on their own.
- Organized and Detail-Oriented– Obsessively makes to-do lists and can’t stand to let things fall through the cracks because they genuinely care about their clients’ success.
Effective Spend is proud to be named a Top 10 Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal. Here are some of the ways we support an awesome company culture:
- Competitive paid time off
- Additional volunteer PTO days
- Medical, dental and vision healthcare plans
- 401k with company matching
- Bonuses for employee and client referrals
- Fun team outings and social sports like soccer, cornhole and kickball
- Foosball, chess, and other games in the office for a quick break
- Great office location within walking distance of the hike and bike trail and numerous coffee shops and lunch spots
- Snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and plenty of fresh-ground coffee