Conversion Optimization & Growth Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The Marketing Manager, Conversion Rate Optimization is a technically savvy, data-driven marketer with deep experience in growth methodologies, growth testing frameworks and the marketing technology stack. Passionate and relentlessly focused on on-going conversion rate optimization for scalable revenue growth with a track record of consistently exceeding goals. This role will be responsible for full buyer journey conversion optimization (visitor-to-trial and trial to-paid-store), including identifying areas of opportunity, developing and executing conversion strategies, A/B testing, and implementing improvements to meet and exceed business revenue goals.What You’ll Do
- Drive development and evolution of CRO testing framework and strategy
- Lead day-to-day operations of conversion rate optimization, specifically visitor to trial and trial to paid conversions
- Be the resident expert on all CRO efforts across the entire website, digital properties, trial and check out experience
- Responsible website and landing page conversion rate optimization including CTA testing and optimization (call, chat, trial, forms, demos, etc.)
- Strategize cross-functionally with marketing, sales, design, and product to identify and prioritize conversion opportunities and work cross-functionally to lead execution of optimization efforts
- Leverage proven CRO frameworks and usable templates to better educate / enable marketers to increase program performance based on CRO best practices
- Create testing environments and establish metrics to properly measure results across different marketing channels, different buyer segments, and different parts of the customer journey.
- Identify and help prioritize high impact areas for CRO testing through funnel analysis, click-map, heatmaps, etc..
- Lead ideation and execution of a high volume of tests on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Implement processes for A/B testing with rapid execution to deliver actionable data-driven results.
- Deliver results without biases across teams and business units for continuous feedback loop and utilize prior results to drive future initiatives. Update benchmarks and results and share to proper stakeholders.
- Proactively inform marketing team on what's being tested, why, and expected results.
- Own optimization changes to website whether that be on our CMS (eg. Craft) or testing tools (eg. Optimizely).
- Work closely with marketing leadership and operations team to prioritize implementation and prioritization of CRO tech stack
Who You Are
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Math, Accounting, Finance, CS, or similar field.
- 3+ years of highly successful online marketing experience in software, including B2B SaaS.
- Technically Experienced
- A/B testing (eg. Optimizely, Google Optimize)
- Analytics (eg. Google Analytics, Segment, MixPanel)
- Data APIs (eg. Clearbit, Datanyze)
- User testing (eg. UserTesting.com, Hotjar, surveys)
- CMS (eg. WordPress, Craft)
- CRM (eg. Salesforce, Marketo)
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills; SQL a plus
- Hands on experience with Adwords, Facebook Ads
- HTML, CSS, JS knowledge preferred
- Analytical and Data Driven- Adept at using web analytic tools to derive insights into customer journey and friction points
- Strategist - You understand how different marketing channels and tests affect people in different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to revenue.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Psychology - Interest in human psychology and how different psychological triggers work together.
- Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Process and Project Manager - You can readily design practices, processes, and prioritizations, know what to measure, and how to measure it.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Data Driven
- Highly Analytical
- Technically Savvy
- Executing Plans
- Attention to Detail
- Crossing the Finish Line
- Collaborative with Cross-Functional Teams
- Priority & Goal Setting
- Process Oriented
- Proactively Communicative
- Desire to Learn & Test
- Hungry & Self-Directed
- Will to Win
- History of Winning
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.