Corp Comms & Social Media Manager at SailPoint
Corporate Communications & Social Media Manager *Remote - US Only*
Be ready to immerse yourself in the world of communications at SailPoint. We are looking for our next social media and communications super star. This role is focused on driving our social media presence and strategy with a secondary focus on developing strong thought leadership content that fuels our online presence.
First and foremost, we are looking for someone who will take our social media program to the next level. How can we rise above the noise on Twitter? What can we be doing differently or better on LinkedIn? Additionally, our blog has grown by leaps and bounds in recent years – what can we do to evolve our blog, making it THE hub for all things identity? Where can we afford to extend or evolve our “Identity Talks” video program to actively engage our audience? What will you do to maintain our social media voice while infusing fresh perspective?
If you have the answers to these questions, then this job may be for you!
On top of driving our social media strategy and execution, you’ll also be responsible for helping to create new and compelling content on behalf of our leadership team and subject matter experts. This will require you to be able to write from a technical perspective but without boring our audience – conversational yet still business-oriented writing skills are important to our brand voice and critical to the success of this role.
The SailPoint Crew corporate communications team is known for being efficient, effective and impactful. The right person for this job will need to be quick on their feet, able to shift gears swiftly but effectively, and bring a high level of passion and enthusiasm for keeping SailPoint’s voice strong, active and engaged externally.
- Develop and own the overall strategy for our social media presence, including our corporate blog which feeds many aspects of our overall communications (and marketing) voice
- Manage all aspects of our social media presence on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube (from social media calendar build-out to publication of tweets and posts and ongoing community management, driving regular engagement with followers)
- Actively monitor for trending topics to attach ourselves to on social media, flagging opportunities to comment and engage across key members of leadership and subject matter experts at SailPoint
- Develop and own blog editorial calendar, helping to develop fresh ideas needed to drive a consistent calendar of content that aligns with both broader marketing campaigns and industry hot topics
- Work closely with our external PR agency to execute on our social influencer relations program each quarter. This includes identifying subject matter experts to pair with social influencers for various opportunities and working closely with our Social Media Manager on any social media activations.
- Harness and grow our social media ambassador program, ensuring that ambassadors remain actively engaged, recruiting for new ambassadors (and training them, as needed), and feeding the brand ambassador content pipeline consistently (via Bambu and Slack channels)
- Working with PR manager, develop steady cadence of blogs and articles on behalf of specific leadership and/or subject matter experts to keep their thought leadership profiles active and highly visible
- Align with PR to ensure tight coordination around important company and product launches and other PR-driven efforts that require social media “aircover” support
The ideal candidate will be a passionate communicator as well as a self-starter who is ready to make an immediate and ongoing impact as part of the team. We’re looking for someone who is hungry, humble and smart!
- Demonstrated experience driving our next-level social media strategy coupled with tight, consistent social media execution
- Familiarity with social media management platforms (Sprout Social, Bambu, Wordpress, Google Analytics a plus)
- Outstanding attention to detail and time management skills – this job requires pivoting between multiple priorities without missing a beat
- Strong judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to evolving social media and comms matters
- Experience working with leadership and subject matter experts on ghost-written content
- Familiarity working with an external PR agency on social media amplification and influencers a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written (writing samples required); video experience is a plus (shooting, editing, promoting)
- 5-7+ years of experience in social media, PR or communications, preferably in B2B technology
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or related field required
SailPoint is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome everyone to our team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.