Customer Marketing Specialist at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
This role supports a key marketing initiative with company-wide visibility and influence. Rooted within the global experiential marketing function, this role has the responsibility to lead, in a collaborative and team-oriented manner, the holistic experience for the BigCommerce customer, with long-term visibility from initial contact as a prospect, through the initial buying journey and ongoing product adoption and growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a technically savvy, passionate Customer Marketing Specialist focused on growth and always thinks #customersfirst.
As a key member of the Customer Marketing team, this person must be hard working, up for a challenge, and willing to bring a passion for helping customers succeed and grow.
This marketer is committed to understanding our customers and executing programs that drive customer engagement, retention, and growth to help meet goals.
The position reports to the Manager, Customer Growth.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute scalable customer marketing efforts to meet or exceed company and team goals
- Execute marketing efforts to the base regarding product updates and changes including product announcements and new features
- Execute marketing programs designed at improving partner product adoption and retention, including content creation, outreach efforts and working closely with cross-functional groups and the Partner Marketing team
- Partner with internal teams such as the content, product marketing, and design functions to create compelling assets across the entire customer lifecycle
- Execute and/or refine plans for the install base to support merchant needs, retention and general merchant communication efforts - such as webinars, newsletters, and events
- Be responsible for tracking and reporting the results of marketing communications of product updates and cross-sell motions
- Work closely with Customer Growth team, product marketing team, content marketing team, partner marketing team, strategic business development, support and sales organizations
Who you are:
- 2+ years of marketing, customer success management, or sales related experience (B2B a huge plus)
- Experience engaging with customers, driving customer engagement, growth and/or advocacy efforts
- Experience working for a SaaS technology company
- Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with cross-functional stakeholders and customers
- Previous experience writing short-form and/or long-form content a plus