Digital Content Specialist (SEO) at Effective Spend
GROW WITH US!
This year, Effective Spend was named to the Inc 5000 and Austin FAST 50 lists of the fastest-growing companies. As an integral member of this team, you'll learn the most, improve the fastest, accomplish more, and have a ton of fun doing it! Come see why the Austin Business Journal recognized us as a 2021 Best Places to Work in Austin and BuiltIn ATX named us one of the Best Small Companies to Work For .
Effective Spend is looking for a Digital Content Specialist to join our innovative, growing SEO team . Effective Spend specializes in comprehensive SEO strategies including industry-leading content marketing, link building and website optimizations.
The ideal candidate has extensive writing and content creation experience and is looking to uplevel their career in the digital marketing space. At Effective Spend you will be given the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in both technical and content SEO strategies. You will work directly with clients to help them grow high-quality web traffic and increase conversions. As part of the SEO team, you'll get hands-on training from SEO industry experts to sharpen your personal digital marketing toolset.
- Work closely with content writing resources (both internally and on client-side) to produce high-quality, research-backed content in line with SEO strategy
- Identify new SEO opportunities that will drive success for our clients
- Perform SEO assessments/audits of clients' websites, including technical site components, content strategy, and competitor analysis
- Implement on-page SEO optimizations such as headers, metadata, schema, etc.
- Work with developers to implement technical SEO deliverables, such as 301 redirects, canonical issues, image compression, site speed, etc.
- Analyze clients' web analytics performance, write up performance analysis reports and present reports to clients
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 1+ years of relevant SEO experience
- 4-year Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Analytics, English/Writing, Communications or a related field
- Ability to extract meaningful insights from data analysis and make specific SEO recommendations
- Some experience with Google Analytics and Google Search console
- Strong written and communication skills a must
- Familiar with best practices for technical SEO components such as schema, canonicals, Core Web Vitals, and XML sitemaps
- Some experience with SEO platforms and tools (e.g. Moz, WebCEO, Ahrefs, etc.)
- Familiarity with conversion rate optimization best practices and ability to identify opportunities for improvements throughout clients' websites
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS is a plus
Why Effective Spend?
For the last two years in a row, Effective Spend has been named to the Inc 5000 and Austin FAST50 lists of the fastest growing private companies. With fast growth comes real opportunities for quick promotion as you master new areas of digital marketing.
We're also proud to have been recognized on the Austin Business Journal and BuiltIn Austin lists of the Best Places to Work in Austin . As an integral member of this team, you'll learn the most, improve the fastest, accomplish more, and have a ton of fun doing it!
Here are some of the ways we support an awesome company culture:
- Competitive paid time off
- Additional volunteer PTO days
- Medical, dental and vision healthcare plans
- 401k with company matching
- Virtual team events to stay connected during COVID-19
- Fun team outings
Learn more about our Company Culture & Benefits