Director, Marketing and Communications, serving Mission Integration at Ascension
As part of the Ascension Marketing and Communications team, the position provides support in creating and executing communications strategies and programs for Ascension Mission Integration.
You will guide the organizational implementation of communications strategies and tactics that support the work of Mission Integration and its areas of focus, including Ethics, Formation, Spiritual Care and other work to support the function. This position will serve as a member of the Mission Integration leadership council.
Priorities for this role include ensuring that Mission Integration communications and marketing activity is in alignment with Ascension, promoting and maintaining the brand, reputation and identity of our integrated national health ministry.
You will be a strategic communications leader who guides development and implementation of communications strategies and tactics for key Mission Integration audiences, including internal constituents such as associates and in-market leaders.
What You Will Do
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide communications leadership to Mission Integration senior team, supporting their efforts to engage and inform leaders and associates across Ascension.
- Provide communications oversight and implementation of ministry and executive communications in support of the Mission Integration function and department, including associate communications.
- Provide oversight to and implementation of internal communications, including development of strategy, messages, tools and distribution of print and digital communications.
- Work with Ascension Marketing and Communications to ensure alignment in message and brand consistency in internal and external communications
- Work collaboratively with other partners in Marketing and Communications and HR to advance the associate experience within Ascension, as well as provide communications support for the ABIDE framework
- Work with Ascension media relations team to advance relevant thought leadership and perspective in Catholic publications and outlets.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.