Director of Product Marketing, Jira Align at Atlassian (Remote)
About the role:
Do you want to lead a team that is a key pillar of Atlassian's enterprise strategy, cultivating our largest customer relationships and driving transformational outcomes with solutions-based marketing? Atlassian's Enterprise Agility marketing team is looking for an experienced leader to drive the marketing vision and strategy for our solutions messaging, sales enablement strategy, and product go-to-market for Jira Align. You will work alongside global product, engineering, and business leaders to identify new areas for growth that will have the largest impact on customer acquisition, retention, and expansion.
You've led marketing teams in B2B SaaS companies. You understand the value of both agility as a principle and culture and its roots in Agile as a software development practice. You've been responsible for creating, driving, and managing go-to-market strategies for critical areas of a business. You're a passionate, self-starter with a no bullshit, can-do attitude. You're eager to jump in and get things done but don't get flustered in a fast-paced and often changing environment. You know the SaaS funnel but you also love setting a vision and selling alongside the field. Aside from core responsibilities, you are a team player and the team you manage feels like they can deliver the best work of their lives under your leadership.
What You'll Do:
- Drive the overall marketing strategy for one of Atlassian's fastest-growing product lines, Jira Align
- Build and lead a team of product marketers in defining and owning the concept of enterprise agility across our enterprise buyer personas
- Tell stories of how Atlassian's technology has helped our customers respond to market change with agility, while driving broad and complex digital transformation initiatives
- Develop an industry-leading perspective on how to marry low- and high-touch customer acquisition strategies in the enterprise space
- Partner with demand generation to develop compelling programs alongside our performance and customer lifecycle marketing teams
- Partner with product leaders across the organization to develop a visionary roadmap - and how to pitch it to our customers, partners, and industry influencers
- Own the annual marketing budget for all programs and contractors required to meet your goals
- Bring creativity to your go-to-market approaches
What you need to bring:
- 8 years of related experience in building marketing teams that consistently deliver standout results. Experience in working on SaaS ecosystems is a plus
- Experience marketing to C-level executives in large-scale enterprises
- Experience marketing to enterprise buying teams
- Experience driving enablement for field teams and channel
- Strategic thinking with a strong combination of GSD mentality - you're comfortable rolling up your sleeves when needed
- The ability to lead distributed teams across multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to understand Atlassian strategies, markets, and products, and apply those to your marketing efforts
Not required, but nice to have:
- Experience marketing to technical buyers and evaluators of software (IT teams, software development teams)
- Understanding of our market practices and its influencers/experts, covering: agile software development practices, lean principles, scaled agile frameworks (SAFe, Spotify, DA, LeSS, etc), and digital and agile transformation initiatives
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.