Director of Retention Marketing
We're growing rapidly here at Tecovas, and we're looking for a curious, analytical, and customer-centric marketer to lead our Retention strategy and execution. As Director of Retention Marketing, you’ll report directly to the VP of Marketing and work closely with functional leaders across the company in order to set and execute the Tecovas customer retention vision, strategy, roadmap, and budget. At Tecovas, we believe our customers are the most critical element of our business and you’ll be tasked with finding ways to continually deliver value for them.
Responsibilities of the Director of Retention Marketing will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop our comprehensive Retention strategy and own its implementation, execution, and ongoing performance measurement and improvement
- Lead the ideation, prioritization, and testing of new ideas to improve retention and LTV metrics; develop rigorous, data-driven processes to rank ideas against key business objectives and establish metrics to drive ongoing performance measurement/improvement
- Leverage all Tecovas customer touchpoints to craft a seamless journey that maximizes our customer’s experience and lifetime value; design digital and physical customer experiences that reinforce Tecovas’ brand positioning, provide value for customers, and elicit customer loyalty
- Build roadmaps for testing, measuring, iterating, and scaling high impact Retention initiatives
- Design, implement, and execute a successful customer Loyalty Program with a multitude of touchpoints (website, email, digital ads, etc.); establish a rigorous process that effectively measures and improves customer engagement and lifetime value via the Loyalty Program
- Work closely with customer insights and analytics team to develop strong understanding of the Tecovas customer and develop effective segmentation strategies accordingly
- With the Merchandising team, develop effective product development strategies and roadmaps informed by deep customer analyses and understanding
- Perform extensive qualitative and quantitative analyses in order to develop a deep understanding of our customer's lifecycle journey, purchase behavior, and preferences
- Implement and optimize cross-functional workflow processes with Marketing, Digital, Creative, Merchandising, Customer Experience, and Operations teams
The ideal Director of Retention Marketing is an entrepreneurial, curious, and data-driven operator with a passion for delivering world-class customer experiences. He/she must be a highly critical thinker who is capable of extracting insights and leveraging those insights into structured, measurable plans of action. He/she will work closely with leaders across functions and must have strong collaboration and organizational skills. Specific desired qualifications include:
- 5+ years of experience in eCommerce, retention marketing, management consulting, or relevant field
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier institution and demonstrated academic excellence; MBA a plus
- Ability to own a Retention strategy from ‘day 1,’ with minimal guidance needed to perform all of the ownership tasks described above
- Masterful ability to operate, lead, and manage projects efficiently and effectively across functions
- Experience with digital products a major plus but not required
- Desire to scratch the 'entrepreneurial itch' and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Independent, results-driven work ethic
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work well with the VP of Marketing
- Utmost character, honesty, and transparency
- Competitive salary
- Equity grant
- Fully-paid health, dental, and vision insurance premiums
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free boots!
Tecovas is revolutionizing the western market as the first digitally-native brand. We are a rapidly-growing company (we’ve grown from under 10 to over 40 employees since 2017) and we're passionate about making and selling incredible consumer products at approachable prices. Want an early seat on a rocket ship? Shoot us an application!
Important note: We take hiring very seriously. Interviewing at Tecovas may include phone calls, on-site interviews, and on-the-job mock cases. We are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, but we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. We will contact you if that is the case!