Email Automation Specialist at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role:
Cloudflare is looking for an Email Automation Specialist to join our Expansion & Retention team. Today, we have over 26 million Internet properties using Cloudflare and nearly 2.6 million customers. It’s our team’s responsibility to ensure these new and existing customers remain with Cloudflare and expand their use of our platform over time. Email is a core component of our team’s strategy as it is the most efficient means of communicating with customers at scale. Triggered, personalized emails take us even further.
The Email Automation Specialist will support in the creation, execution, measurement, and optimization of email campaigns and automated flows that will help our team reach its goals. You will work in collaboration with Marketing Technology, Engineering, Design, Product Marketing, Sales (Customer Success), and Product.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, highly organized, able to work in fast-moving environments, and a team player. You are likely a good fit for our team if you are hungry to learn, test, and optimize. Our team is growing quickly with ambitious goals, focused on leveraging every customer communication to drive the business. This is a great opportunity to play a role in shaping this business unit going forward.
- Execution: Support end-to-end execution of email campaigns, including audience segmentation, build, staging / QA, and workflows within/between systems. Help drive email quality, delivery, and performance.
- Process: Maintain the Expansion & Retention team’s email calendar and ensure that our execution and coordination are both efficient and effective.
- Strategy: Support Growth & Campaign Managers and cross-functional teammates to assist with email marketing and triggered, personalized campaigns that will touch customers at all points in their lifecycle. Leverage A/B testing to optimize our tactics.
- Measurement: Monitor and report on core KPIs to identify areas for improvement.
- BA/BS degree and 2+ years of professional experience in email marketing and automation
- Experience executing day-to-day email marketing activities including, but not limited to, email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, and deployment of one-time, recurring, triggered campaigns
- Experience with email automation systems (Marketo preferred)
- Experience using a CRM tool (preferably Salesforce)
- Experience in A/B & multivariate testing execution, including proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS coding
- Excellent project management, time management, and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of current digital and email marketing industry best practices, trends, and challenges (CAN-Spam compliance, responsive design, deliverability, testing, email performance metrics, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of lead scoring / routing
- Experience with personalization, segmentation, and dynamic content
- Knowledge of analytics tools (Google Analytics, Heap, or equivalent)
- Experience with ABM & B2B marketing
- Experience in a high-growth SaaS company in the security or network space, combined with knowledge of how the Internet works
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.