Engineering Brand Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
The BigCommerce Engineering team is on a mission to build the leading SaaS ecommerce platform. Our distributed team of engineers works from our Austin, San Francisco, Kyiv, and Sydney offices, as well as remotely, and are passionate about building the right product for our customers in the right way.
BigCommerce Engineering is hiring an Engineering Brand Manager to work with staff to effectively manage and promote the team’s brand and voice, maintain the team’s blog and social media engagement, create and promote content in multiple media formats targeting the software engineering community, promote BigCommerce open-source efforts, and increase global awareness of BC Engineering.
At BigCommerce, a “Best Place to Work” in Austin, Sydney, and San Francisco, we are a company of talented professionals, who care deeply about both our customers and our culture. We believe in the power of working together, striving at the edge of what’s possible, impacting the lives of billions for the better. We believe in collaboration, creativity, personal growth, and inspiration, and we believe diversity is our undeniable strength.
Engineering Communication at BigCommerce
BigCommerce Engineering is made of technical experts working on software and data at a scale many companies can only dream of. With the experience and expertise among our staff, BC engineers are leaders with vision in our industry and we want to make sure everyone knows about it.
Engineering Communication is a new team at BigCommerce, responsible for promoting that work and increasing awareness of BC Engineering by managing and writing for the engineering team’s blog and social media. The communication team will seek out opportunities and position BigCommerce favorably at technical conferences and speaking engagements. This new team will also innovate new avenues of engagement with technical audiences.
What you’ll do:
- Identify opportunities to integrate engineering brand into our overall business and company strategy
- Drive engineering campaigns, guide creative development, media buying, and production
- Manage relationships with creative and media to produce engineering awareness campaigns
- Position BigCommerce Engineering as a source of thought leadership within our industry
- Implement unique and brand activations, partnerships, and sponsorships to reinforce our engineering brand
- Analyze brand health measurement and reporting to advise company strategy
Who You Are:
- 3 - 5 years of brand management experience required, previous experience with engineering brand management strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of the language and culture of an engineering team with the ability to relate common themes and interest
- A portfolio of demonstrated creativity
- Social media management experience
- Ability to write, edit, and interview with samples
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Marketing and SEO experience
- Experience analyzing engagement metrics
- Ability to work independently
Bonus/Nice to have skills
- Visual media experience (web design, photography, videography, editing, YouTube)
- Podcasting experience
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.