About ShipperHQ and this position:
ShipperHQ is a bootstrapped startup located in Austin, TX making a big impact in the eCommerce shipping space. We are a premier shipping experience manager for eCommerce sites, selling to clients large and small around the world. We have a fantastic reputation and are recognized for our high-quality service. Our SaaS product, ShipperHQ, launched in 2015 and is growing quickly.
If you love organizing events such as meetups and conferences, you could be a great fit for this role.
Our ideal candidate is an ambitious go-getter who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and help us across a wide range of projects and tasks from organizing meetups to planning event strategy and running day of event logistics. You will collaborate with a small, fast-paced team across marketing, sales, design and management to help tell ShipperHQ’s story and build its future.
- Manage execution for all ShipperHQ events, including local meetups, trade shows and global conferences
- Develop event strategies that position ShipperHQ as an industry leader and drive audience engagement
- Plan and execute our 2020 SXSW event
- Coordinate and organize meetups with prospects, customers and partners
- Capture and report metrics post-events for key learnings
- You’re a natural at staying on top of and managing many dynamic relationships.
- You get energy from meeting and chatting with people.
- You’re flexible and adapt quickly when things change.
- You’re super organized and detail-oriented. No detail is too small.
- You are comfortable working on a small, scrappy team.
- You enjoy traveling and attending conferences, tradeshows and community events.
- You are relatively tech-savvy. You should be familiar with WordPress, Meetup, Eventbrite, Slack, and Google Apps.
- This is a highly visible position where you will be working with our marketing team and our fearless founder and CEO, Karen
- Your hard work and creative energy can and will be transferred directly into results for our partners and customers.
- Work with a flexible and motivated team with the ability to tie results in the organization directly to your actions.
- Minimum of two years of event coordination and management experience
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage time well
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Will require travel
- Bonus points - previous experience in SaaS or eCommerce
- This is a full-time position working out of our Austin, TX office
- Compensation is based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Event Management: 2 years (Required)
- Austin, TX (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off