Software is changing the world, and we're at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech and a highly disruptive business model, we're advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Trello, and now Ops Genie. Motivated by open values, an amazing culture, and consistent growth, we're out to unleash the potential of every team. We are a global company and seek customer-focused people to do the best work of their lives at Atlassian.
We are looking for a passionate and results-oriented leader to build a delightful experience for our Marketing platforms while collaborating with multiple partners across Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Data Engineering to build and improve the digital experience for our customers.
Are you passionate about working with a multi-functional, geographically distributed team to build and deliver critical sales and marketing operations capabilities?
Do you love leading many complex programs with multiple workstreams and dependencies?
Do you enjoy the challenge of optimizing and driving predictability in key business processes?
If yes, we believe you'll be fully engaged and challenged in this role and have the opportunity to demonstrate your skills to positively impact the company.
In this role, you'll be responsible for leading Product Management, Business Engagement and Analysis, Development, and Platform Operations of our Marketing Engineering teams. This role reports to the Head of IT, Applications.
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it's necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
More About Our Role
- A trusted partner to Atlassian's Marketing teams that are driving the next series of revenue growth in the company.
- Partner with upstream teams such as Data Science and Team Data to deliver and improve a data-driven sales motion at scale.
- Utilize your experience to ensure that our systems and strategies use industry-standard methodologies at scale to support Atlassian's unique go-to-market business model.
- Inspire your teams to build better products with a constant dedication to understanding, and improve the experiences for our employees and business users
- Build technically robust services that scale with the growing needs of Atlassian business groups
- Partner with global peer delivery teams and own the delivery of key IT programs and services.
- History of collaborating multi-functionally
- Love people development, with significant experience leading and growing future leaders
- Experience partnering with functional teams to deliver services that drive superior business outcomes
- Demonstrate direct knowledge and understanding of marketing technology, sales technology, and data architecture patterns used throughout the industry.
- Experience with Salesforce, SFMC, and/or Marketo
- Experience with data platforms to support marketing analytics
- Experience in driving operational perfection for systems supporting marketing processes
- Demonstrable ability to hire and scale a team of multi-functional IT professionals.
- You have more than 15 years of experience with medium or large-scale enterprise software companies.
- You have the ability to lead across a globally distributed and matrix-organized team.
- Have a proven track record to build high performing teams, hire technical and non-technical teams at scale, ideally within a global software, B2B, or cloud services company
- Experience in participating and driving revenue growth strategy discussions with the Marketing and Sales teams
- Experience in designing and delivering end to end marketing and/or sales transformations
- A degree in computer science or related field OR equivalent meaningful work experience.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .