Head of Product Marketing at Atlassian (Remote)
Atlassian is building three big businesses in three huge markets and we want you to be the "CMO" of the one with the biggest market opportunity, one that will help drive us to our 100 million monthly active user goals.
Atlassian reimagined the way software is planned and built with our Agile and DevOps products. We reinvented how IT Service Management is done. Now, we're going to transform the way 1b knowledge workers get their work done as they move away from personal productivity tools toward team collaboration tools, practices, and ways of working.
We are looking for "CMO" minded leadership and thinking to match our ambitions in this space. For each of our markets, we aim to create billion-dollar businesses matched to equally ambitious live events, GTM strategies, product strategies, messaging, creative campaigns, and advertising. You will play a role in all of it. You will also play a role in developing the craft of product marketing, team leadership, and influencing product strategy.
You will start with a customer base numbering in the 10's of millions and together we can take it to 100m. Every day these users rely on products like Confluence and Trello to collaborate. They are the leaders who are evolving a new way of working, one focused on team collaboration, culture, and connecting work across the organization to outcomes. Our opportunity is to scale this new approach.
We're looking for a senior marketing leader to help us define this market and category. Someone who combines the head and the heart. Someone who leads and listens. Someone as comfortable with product-led growth as they are with sales and campaigns. Someone who wants an opportunity to rapidly scale a big business with an emerging global brand and a 7 figure campaign budget.
In this role, you will:
- Build and run the GTM strategy for Atlassian's Work Management business.
- Lead and scale three teams, each focused on marketing for Trello, Confluence, and our new product accelerator, Point A.
- Work directly and closely with our product leaders to shape roadmap, and identify areas of opportunity, disruption, and partnership.
- Partner closely with product development and design to establish a continuous feedback loop (encompassing customer input, market trends, and competitive factors) to influence the product development roadmap.
- Report to the global head of product marketing as 1 of 3 sr. marketing leaders responsible for building a billion-dollar business in your market.
- 10+ years of experience in product marketing in a high-growth B2B SaaS environment.
- A center-brained growth mindset - balancing rigorous analytical thinking with creative divergent.
- Talent accelerator who loves coaching and growing high-performing teams.
- Embraces ambiguity and thrives in an entrepreneurial and hypothesis-driven agile environment.
- Active listener who solicits feedback and applies insights quickly.
- A positive optimistic leadership style. Builds cross-functional bridges with a vocal collaborative approach.
- You can artfully balance executive presence with the ability to get into the work and details with your team and other executives.
More about our team
You'll be joining the GTM leadership team for Atlassian's 3 markets. We collaborate regularly with our CPO, Founders, CMO, CRO, Analysts, and customers to build and execute unique GTM strategies. We are a part of Team Anywhere, a global collection of ~7,000 Atlassians who live and work where they are most happy. Heart & Balance is part of our culture, we work hard and aim high, but we also play hard. We are direct but empathetic, and realize what you say is as important as how you say it. We like working here and we think you will too.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.