Lead, Field Marketing - Central at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We are looking for a talented and results-driven Field Marketing Lead who is highly organized and creative with an ability to thrive in our fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. This leader will drive the overarching strategy for this large and rapidly growing region, leading the marketing sourced sales funnel in its entirety.Role Description
The Central Field Marketing Lead for AMER (Principal Marketer Level) will be responsible for driving adoption, pipeline and revenue growth for MongoDB products through an integrated field marketing plan. You’ll target enterprise accounts and specific verticals by running field programs to fill the funnel and accelerate to close.
You’ll partner with sales, account-based marketing, partner marketing, and demand generation stakeholders to ensure your field marketing teams create and curate engaging programs that accelerate the sales cycle and improve conversion to customers. Throughout, you’ll experiment with new approaches and tools, and be disciplined and analytical in measuring programs across the Central region and you consistently share results up and across the organization. You are a data and results driven marketer, a role model to your team, and you are a partner to your cross-functional stakeholders. You are a team player, ready to roll up your sleeves and get the job done!
The role will report into the Director, Americas Field Marketing.Responsibilities
- Define the Central marketing strategy that will support MongoDB’s goals to drive revenue and increase brand awareness in the region and regularly share results with key partners
- Lead, coach, and mentor the Central Field Marketing team (two direct reports)
- Build, own and execute the field marketing plan for the Central region within AMER. This plan will help MongoDB to effectively grow and accelerate pipeline through account-based marketing programs, digital, web, webinars, tradeshows, regional events, pipeline acceleration events, annual user conferences, customer and partner content and/or activations
- Own 1-2 Pod / strategic accounts directly and apply 1:1 ABM marketing plans for those accounts
- Align closely with the Central field sales organization to build and accelerate pipeline, being responsible for the Central marketing sourced number
- Ensure our Central marketing strategy thoughtfully targets our diverse personas from developers, architects, and engineers through to the C-suite
- Take ownership of lead generation and tracking. Report on and analyse campaign activity, providing recommendations on findings. Monitor results and make recommendations on best performing campaigns. Ensure performance and return on investment are supervised and supporting processes set up to effectively measure outcomes
- Provide recommendations on events opportunities in the region to drive awareness of the MongoDB brand and support growth
- Support company participation in strategic events across the region and produce a plan for each event to align and integrate all pre and post activities, ensuring partners are briefed
- Define and execute partner marketing plans to support the growth of indirect channels in your region
- Find opportunities to capture and promote customer and PR stories for your region to help drive awareness of MongoDB’s brand, products, and services
- Experience developing and executing successful lead generation programs
- Experience in working collaboratively with and building positive relationships with sales teams
- Demonstration of a metrics-driven approach to success and can show Return on Investment by supervising results from funded/co-marketing activity against budget
- 7+ years marketing experience, with SaaS or high-tech marketing preferred
- 3+ management experience (ex: owning a Region, a Marketing function, Product Line, or Go-To-Market)
- People management experience
- Strong project management skills. Action and results-oriented with tenacious follow-through
- Highly collaborative individual with a can do approach
- Ability to work well under pressure and run multiple projects
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.