Manager, Product Marketing at A Cloud Guru
GTM GURU | DATA DRIVEN | TEAM LEADER
We are looking for an experienced individual to lead the Product Marketing team within our broader Marketing department. The Product Marketing team is responsible for positioning the unique value of the A Cloud Guru products and content. We own a broad range of programs — from pricing & packaging, positioning & messaging, product launches to competitive intelligence and GTM enablement.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing Strategy, the leader of Product Marketing team will be responsible for the direction and management of the Product Marketing function at A Cloud Guru. You, and your team, will be responsible for differentiating A Cloud Guru in the market, across all customer segments. You will serve as a leader and a coach, but also roll-up your sleeves and lead cross-functional initiatives.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud skills development platform on the planet. We make engaging online training packed with personality and slick presentation for an experience more like firing up Netflix, less like a stuffy classroom. We are 100% grounded in what's right for the customer and the customer experience. That gives us the confidence to be bolder, more playful, and more genuine than other companies. At ACG you never feel like you have to take a shower at the end of the day to wash the compromises off.What makes the Marketing team awesome...
We’re always looking for creative ways to go above and beyond ‘good enough.’ It’s all about giving our students a little bit more joy in any way we can. You have the chance to play around with a brand that understands the value of not being stuffy and corporate, even on the business side. Everyone is receptive and encouraging of new ideas. There’s a lot of creativity and bouncing ideas off of each other. We believe everyone brings value. It’s refreshing and energizing to be in a collaborative environment like that.
The people who really shine at ACG are the ones who are able to be their awesome, kind, helpful, vulnerable, unique selves. We celebrate our differences, our quirks, our obsessions, and we're stronger for it. - Doogs, Scale Modeling Guru (and Senior Copywriter)As a Manager, Product Marketing at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Team Leader: Coach, guide and inspire A Cloud Guru’s team of rockstar Product Marketing Managers
- Process Guru: Build agile processes to plan and deliver against Product Marketing KPIs while balancing company priorities
- Collaborator: Serve as a connector between teams (Sales, CX, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Content)
- Story Teller: Craft and own positioning and messaging to convey the value of A Cloud Guru to both individuals and businesses; champion A Cloud Guru’s brand to make our personality shine through messaging
- Strategist: Support development and execution of product and marketing strategy through research (internal and external) and analysis
- Educator: Be the most passionate advocate of our Product and Content and constantly teach the world how to get the most value out of our platform
- Creator: Bring creative ideas to life through personified marketing assets, videos, and presentations geared towards driving sign-ups, adoption, and engagement
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 5 years of related Product Marketing experience in a SaaS company
- 2 years of team management experience
- Experience in online learning or public cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.) is a huge plus
- You succeed by helping your team be successful
- You thrive on being a market, customer, and product expert — and can communicate the unique value of products with confidence
- You are an excellent communicator and can synthesize complex information into clear and concise presentations and plans
- You’ve championed multiple customer segments - individuals (b2c), SMBs, and Enterprises (B2B)
- You are detail-oriented but show bias towards action
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment, working across time-zones and able to manage ambiguity
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room,
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.