Market Development Lead at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
As the Director, Market Development, you will play an integral role in driving the company’s growth by working collaboratively to identify, cultivate, execute and manage new partnerships with health systems or other care delivery organizations (“Care Partners”) to offer insurance products in new markets. You will work closely with the other members of the Market Development Team, the President, Networks, the President, Markets, and the entire Bright Health Group executive team to support deals with Care Partners to offer Bright Health’s unparalleled, consumer-driven products to new members across the country.
The Director, Market Development job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Successfully execute Bright’s Care Partner and Network Provider partnerships within your assigned territory, including growth strategy development, Care Partner relationship development, network contracting, and hand-offs to downstream teams
- Work closely with Network teammates to drive the local network strategy, including network development, provider contracting, and network implementation
- Work closely with Market leadership on new and existing market growth strategies, including product launches and market expansions
- Work closely with LOB, regulatory, legal, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment and coordination
- Manage a team, helping to develop leaders and achieve
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree (MBA, MPH, MHA, MPP) preferred, but not required.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience working in a leadership capacity in the provider and/or payer segments of healthcare required.
- Experience in management consulting, provider strategy/business development, payer strategy/business development, and/or value based care preferred but not required
- Experience working with payers and/or health system managed care and familiarity with healthcare provider reimbursement structures / fee schedules preferred but not required
- Strategic thinking about provider and payer competitive landscape and positioning
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage several complex projects involving multiple stakeholders over long periods of time
- Proven business development and partnership cultivation experience in healthcare industry, including experience with network contracting and VBC contracting
- High level of EQ and alignment to Bright Health values
- Mission driven and motivated to work in an organization that will transform the patient experience and the health plan landscape
The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer. Travel required (approximately 30% of time). Location is remote or any Bright Health Group office, particularly NYC or Minneapolis.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.