Marketing Associate at Self Financial
About Self and our mission
There are about 100 million people in the US who have subprime or lower credit scores or who are credit invisible. At Self, our mission is to help as many of those people as possible to build credit and save money to make progress toward financial security.
Executing on that mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them and that we deliver on our promises. Our team is passionate about empowering people to take control of their credit and challenging the status quo of the credit industry.
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful. Understanding, and empathizing with, consumers is core to our current and future growth.
About the Marketing Associate role
As part of the organic acquisition team, the Marketing Associate is primarily responsible for engaging with customers and other consumers in social channels, forums and app stores on credit-related topics and Self product questions.
You will bolster Self’s reputation by helping consumers improve their knowledge about credit using content we’ve developed as well as content from other authoritative sources. The insights you glean from your interactions will inform our content strategy and general marketing approach.
This role requires empathy, a dedication to customer success and a thorough understanding of our products, credit and compliance rules (don’t worry, we’ll train you).
As part of a fast-growing, yet lean, venture-backed financial technology startup you may be asked to support marketing activities outside of the core role from time to time. You will report to the VP of Marketing and work closely with the Content Marketing Manager.
What you’ll be doing
- Identifying and responding to customer feedback in public venues
- Identifying and recommending opportunities to increase efficiency using tools or process improvements
- Capturing data about your interactions, analyzing and reporting on it
- Providing feedback to, and collaborating with, product, operations and compliance teams to improve areas in their control
- Collaborate on and support content marketing and other marketing efforts
- Seek opportunities to improve your knowledge and use of social channels and tools, and personal finance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to simplify complex information
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Ability to solve problems in a reasonable and timely way
- Solid understanding of major social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and app stores
- Ability to prioritize and communicate urgent issues
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Willingness to grow in social media management, content creation and other areas of marketing
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office and/or G Suite (Google Docs, etc.)
- Associate degree or higher
- At least one year experience in digital marketing, with a preference for social media
- Fintech industry experience a plus
- AFC or NFCC certification preferred
- Prior knowledge about credit preferred
- Competitive Pay
- Stock options
- Generous health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Enjoy our vacation policy - there is no policy, balance matters
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Catered company lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Team happy hours and events
- Downtown Austin office space