Marketing Copy Writer at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering, together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role: Marketing Copy Writer
We are looking for a Marketing Copy Writer to join our marketing content team and enrich our considerable assets with expertly crafted website and campaign content, blogs, articles and other marketing copy that is always on-message, succinct and crisp, punchy and pithy – and of course, spotlessly spellchecked, perfectly punctuated and flawlessly aligned with AP and our own corporate style. Still reading? The Marketing Copy Writer needs to be a consummate wordsmith, capable of creating compelling copy for all conceivable uses and occasions – for publication across all of our global communications channels. We’re looking for someone who can write in all forms – longform, shortform and freeform – ready and willing to apply their formidable talents to whatever needs arise and anything the job at hand requires. Both agency and in-house B2B and B2C writing experience will be put to good use.
Your responsibilities will also include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types and assisting in proofreading and editing content such as reports, white papers, data sheets and solution briefs before publication. Additional duties may include producing one or more of the following:
- Web copy such as product pages or asset landing pages
- Descriptions/abstracts for speaking sessions in webcasts or in-person events
- Email copy – both formal marketing announcements as well as conversational copy for sales communications
- Copy for digital banners, motion graphics, infographics and direct mailers
- Scripts for videos, radio and/or TV ads
Ultimately, you’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness. If you’re familiar with producing a broad spectrum of online and offline content, have a keen eye for detail, and are driven to achieve excellence in all your endeavors, you’ll fit right in. Feel free to share samples of your work or a portfolio of your published articles or marketing content, along with your application.
What You’ll Need
- A. degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or a related field
- 5+ years of experience writing copy for a variety of forums, web, promotional campaigns, blogs, etc.
- A portfolio of content you have written
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience writing on technology topics
- Experience writing content for the cybersecurity industry
- Experience working for a SaaS software vendor
- Encyclopedic knowledge of AP Style
- Finding one or more examples of incorrect (or at least questionable) writing in this document
- A sense of humor
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.