Marketing Manager, Industry and Solutions at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
In this role you will be one of the first hires to the new Industry and Solutions function within MongoDB’s Account Based Marketing team. We work closely with our Industry Solutions Leaders, Content Marketing and Corporate Comms in order to elevate MongoDB’s position as a Solution provider in the market.
You will be an expert for a set number of industries and responsible for driving the strategy and implementation of effective Industry and Solutions campaigns that meet the growth objectives of the business, with a strong emphasis on driving pipeline generation and accelerating existing opportunities.
This role is a global role with a specific focus on localizing for the North American markets.
The role will report into the Global Head of Industry and Solutions Marketing, ABM Centre of Excellence.About the Role
- Become an expert in, help identify and understand market trends and drivers for your industries and solutions
- Collaborate with Content Marketing, Design and Solution leaders on delivering impactful content for our audiences
- Create and execute compelling marketing programs for industry streams and their solutions plays in collaboration with Solution Leaders and Content Marketing
- Identify the best channels and forums for the positioning and promotion of our vertical solutions per key persona
- Creatively utilize the full marketing mix at your disposal (digital, virtual/in person events, PR, direct mail, 3rd Party collaborations, thought leadership...)
- Run internal enablement sessions for wider Marketing and Sales functions to ensure positioning consistency on the key industries and share most relevant content, thought leadership, best practices, reference architectures, use cases and training resources
- Work with your peers to adapt and localize campaigns for the relevant markets
- Work with the ABM and Field Marketing teams to adapt messaging and customize collateral for key accounts
- Help design, provide and communicate quantitative reporting on campaign performance and evaluate areas of improvement across our teams and business leaders
- You are driven and a strong team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize, pivot and problem-solve
- You know how to be collaborative and persistent
- You are an excellent communicator, up, down and across
- You have the ability and enjoy to work across multiple teams, cultures and functions
- Attention to detail is essential while maintaining oversight of wider goals and objectives
- Good humor and positive, can-do attitude is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Spanish and/or French speaking is a plus
- Willing to experiment and learn fast
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years experience in B2B Marketing in technology essential; ideally in a scale up environment
- Ideally you have relevant sector experience in either of the following verticals: Healthcare, Telecommunications, Gaming & Entertainment, Financial Services, Retail or Technology (as an Industry Marketeer or prior experience)
- Knowledge and good understanding of ABM concepts is essential
- Experience and proven track record in campaign and program management for multi-channel marketing programs is essential
- Experience working in a virtual, cross-functional team desired
- Analytically minded with demonstrated experience in defining KPI and success measures devised to show ROI
- Experienced in budget management
- Very strong project management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite/Google Suite for Business
- Knowledge of CRM, ABM Tools and Marketing Automation systems essential; Salesforce, 6Sense and Eloqua experience is a plus
- In the first 3 months you’ll have become comfortable with the tooling used in MongoDB, fostered a relationship with the wider Industry and Solutions and Marketing teams, understand the most common use cases for MongoDB, buying motivators and signals in customers and the ABM team’s wider objectives. You will start to own program development and bring in your own ideas
- Within 6 months you’ll have a deep understanding of the Industry and Solution roadmap for the coming year, developed and executed programs across your industries and have developed good relationships with your stakeholders in customer-facing functions. You will be owning your area from start to finish and be considered a respected expert in your verticals
- Within 12 months you will have established deep relationships across the wider Marketing teams, have become an expert in and contributor to MongoDB’s ABM frameworks and how they map to the Industry and Solutions plays. You will have developed and executed programs globally and have taken necessary steps to optimizing these for the US
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.