Marketing Manager at Homeward
This is a remote position and we're accepting applications from anywhere in the U.S. We also have an optional office in Austin you can use if you live here or come visit.
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the homebuying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell — in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
You will be a key member of our small and growing marketing team. This role is the perfect blend of strategy and passion. We bring a thoughtful approach to modern marketing efforts helping a home buyer take an exceptionally stressful moment into a beautiful harmony. You will drive the way we interact with our customers and partners.
This role is not eligible to be performed from Colorado. This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Responsibilities will include:
- Create and implement marketing strategies that drive Homeward adoption and conversion with real estate agents.
- Use data and a growth mindset to constantly test and improve.
- Prioritize campaigns that show data-driven results.
- Own our Homeward Certified Agent audience and create a plan that drives higher agent conversion (use of Homeward) based on data-driven decisions.
- Deeply understand the unique real estate agent mindset. Learn what they need and how we can uniquely partner with them to grow their business.
- Collaborate with your marketing teammates to create campaigns that engage our current agent partners while driving new adoption. You’re constantly analyzing the entire funnel, from awareness to ongoing conversion.
- Work cross functionally with Growth, Product, Design, and Engineering.
- Be able to roll up your sleeves and execute. This role is part strategy, part planning, and part getting the underlying work done. You’ll need to write some copy, set up emails in HubSpot, and create landing pages in Webflow.
- An insatiable growth mindset. A history of high impact marketing work, and examples to share.
- You ask every question to understand where opportunity exists.
- You’re data driven - always looking for ways to drive more revenue and adoption. Everything rolls up to an OKR.
- Curiosity, with a bias towards action. Cross-channel marketing experience. You’re excited to flex your current skills and learn new ones.
- 5+ years of marketing experience. Experience creating marketing campaigns in a start-up, high growth, setting especially .
- Ability to prioritize based on impact, and to manage multiple projects at once.
- Very collaborative and capable of working cross-functionally, especially with data analysts and product teams.
- You’re customer-facing. You know how to listen, ask the right questions, and support an external partner.
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage, and Homeward Title — and results in a better homebuying experience.