Marketing Performance and Operations Lead
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2019 is looking for a Marketing Performance and Operations Lead to optimize the effectiveness of the Marketing organization via deep performance analysis, investment return analysis, and clean data. You will be dedicated to building efficient, scalable, repeatable, and measurable processes and analysis for supporting marketing programs.
The Marketing Performance and Analytics Lead will work closely with members of the Revenue Operations team and key functions including Marketing, Sales, and Partner to develop reporting processes that effectively measure and improve our marketing strategy and returns. Your deep, hands-on B2B analytical experience will be key to the performance of our Marketing organization and making data driven decisions as we look to rapidly accelerate our growth and, most importantly, the growth and success of our merchants. You will leverage this experience to mentor and coach others on marketing performance and analytics best practices across Revenue Operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement, and sustain scalable processes for campaign measurement and new initiatives that ensure that all relevant data points are captured during marketing execution to properly track ROI.
- Measure revenue impact from programs and campaigns leveraging the process you help create, identifying successes and failures of all programs deployed.
- Consult with marketing demand generation teams on effective tracking methodologies to support a culture of consistent and continuous improvement through data and analysis.
- Mentor other Revenue Operations staff to instill consistent and more diligent analytics practices across our shared services team.
- Lead the shared services team to develop and analyze dashboards that help us articulate the impact our digital marketing efforts has on revenue growth utilizing data from a variety of tools in our martech stack including Salesforce, Marketo, Bizible, and Google Analytics.
- Help develop structured KPI measurement framework and associated reports.
- Develop and implement business case modeling analytics framework, and ad-hoc analysis as needed to support strategic and operational Marketing initiatives which enable target attainment.
- Develop data insights to provide strategic recommendations to Marketing and leadership in a clear and concise manner.
Who You Are
- Operations Professional
- 8+ years relevant professional experience, including:
- 5+ years Marketing Performance Analytics experience
- Degree from a four-year college or university required, preferably in Business Administration, Math, Statistics, Finance, or applicable experience. MBA preferred.
- Proficient in SQL coding for querying data and analyzing results. Python and/or R also a benefit but not required.
- Passionate about data and experienced with analyzing large datasets
- Deep knowledge of marketing analytics, lead lifecycle management, and marketing program measurement (experience with Google Analytics, Salesforce, Marketo, and Bizible a plus)
- Business and Financial Acumen - High level of business and financial acumen, particularly in the area of marketing as a revenue generating organization.
- Agile - You have a sense of urgency and are capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in internal and external conditions. You’re able to seamlessly balance strategic initiatives and “Run the Business” (RTB) activities.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are excellent at analysis, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, following them through to implementation.
- Systems Thinker - You have a mindset rooted in consistent and continuous improvement, are dedicated to providing high quality services, willing and able to develop metrics and dashboards from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Data Driven Decision Maker - You are an organized, data-driven and detail and goal oriented believer in building great systems and processes, have strong business acumen, prioritize effectively, consistently make good decisions, and creatively solve complex problems. Advanced Excel, SQL, and data analysis skills required.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for small and mid-market business customers, service, and satisfaction. With dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, you get first-hand information and use it for improvements, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships, gaining trust and respect.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally.and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key internal partners including Marketing, Finance, Business Intelligence, and Business Applications.
- Composed - You know how to remain focused and collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.