BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2019 is looking for a Partner Marketing Manager to be responsible for creating and driving our marketing strategy and execution across BigCommerce’s Partners ecosystem. Keys to success are an ability to assess and prioritize strategic opportunities, execute an ongoing set of initiatives, analyze the impacts of each program, and continually optimize results.
As a Marketing Manager, you will be providing cross-functional leadership for partner-marketing related activities, overseeing marketing strategy, executing go-to-market plans, and act as a trusted collaborator and leader to cross functional peers. You will play a crucial role in our long-term partner growth strategy.
The right candidate is an experienced, results-driven, energetic marketer and team player who manages collaborative marketing campaigns across internal teams and strategic partner stakeholders.
Success in this role looks like:
- Develop and execute campaigns marketing both to and through partners including ability to identify joint co-marketing opportunities and lead execution of campaigns through the partner channels
- Define and execute joint partner marketing campaigns to obtain new BC merchants
- Drive partner and merchant satisfaction, competitive differentiation and revenue impact via integrated marketing and communications strategies and campaigns by working closely with BigCommerce stakeholders and our Partners’ marketing counterparts
- Manage projects and communications internally and with partners to achieve agreed upon success metrics
- Be a trusted liaison that aligns the following teams for joint success: 1) sales team 2) partner marketing team and 3) BigCommerce marketing leadership and subject matter experts and stakeholders
What you’ll do:
This role defines and executes a through, to, and with partner strategy for our robust partner ecosystems:
- Develop marketing strategies and support campaigns to meet partner success metrics
- Collaborate with internal marketing subject matter experts for planning, resourcing and executing integrated campaigns agreed upon with partners
- Drive collaboration with partners’ marketing counterparts to plan, develop and execute agreed upon marketing and communications projects. Examples include: webinars, industry events, case studies and more
- Manage projects to completion with internal and partner teams, providing ongoing communication and updates throughout project as well as analyzing and reporting out metrics, lessons learned and recommendations
- Lead the execution of partner marketing and awareness programs including cross-functional collaboration with corporate marketing; represent the interests and perspective of our partner ecosystem for events, media relations, social media and community awareness programs
- Develop scalable marketing campaigns, content and engagement strategy to serve partners
- Report and analyze metrics to marketing leadership
- Champion our partners within BigCommerce to ensure we deliver an incredible partner experience--the best in the ecommerce industry
Who you are:
- 5+ years of software / technology marketing experience, focused on partner marketing
- Rock Star Marketer with an amazing portfolio of partner campaigns
- Proven experience on cross-functional teams, creating success and instilling best practices
- BS/BA in Marketing, or related field required; MBA preferred
- Leader - You have a strong desire and understanding of how to develop relationships in a supportive, accountable environment
- Personable - You are relationship focused, positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members
- Business Savvy - You possess a deep understanding of software and the ecommerce space, have a high degree of business and marketing acumen, and are extremely analytical with strong problem-solving abilities
- Strategist - You have perspective and can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation
- Customer Focused - You have passion for the partner ecosystem, understand profiles of various types of partners and their programmatic requirements, and want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers
- Communicator - An excellent written/verbal and interpersonal communicator who builds cross functional bridges and success
- Collaborative - You have a true team mentality (your work requires collaboration with partners in Business Development, Product Marketing, Customer Support and much more) and demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners
- Adaptable - You are flexible and efficient, with the ability to manage multiple priorities, and adjust quickly to the changing need of the business
- Composed - You have the ability to balance Getting Sh*t Done with humility and sense of humor and know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings