AlertMedia is seeking PR Manager with extensive experience managing this function within a fast-growing B2B tech company. We're looking for a thoughtful storyteller to join our communications team. In this role, you will help drive a results-driven public relations program. You will work closely with the executive team, internal stakeholders, reporters, and industry experts to drive awareness of AlertMedia within the emergency communication space.
Who you are:
Whether it is telling the world about our latest product release, amplifying a customer success story, collaborating with an industry partner or creating a thought leadership platform, you will work with teams across the company to drive programs that establish and build on AlertMedia’s relevance in the market.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Partner with entire marketing team to create a full-funnel integrated PR strategy in support of business goals
- Regularly create innovative content that helps spread the word about how we are helping our customers protect their people during critical events
- Partner with customer marketing and customer success team to identify media opportunities within our customer base
- Pursue media coverage (local, industry, and national), interviews, and partner with internal team members to write contributed articles
- Partner with external PR consultant for media pitching opportunities and to build PR strategy
- Research and evaluate opportunities for AlertMedia to present at relevant industry events
- Manage and submit to award programs that will promote AlertMedia’s product offering and employer brand
- Build and manage PR calendar as part of broader communications calendar
- Monitor news as it relates to our industry
- Track, measure, and report on impact of PR efforts
- 5+ years B2B Technology PR experience (in-house experience preferred)
- Can develop and execute on communication strategies for a diverse set of programs
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to leverage existing strong media relationships with both tech, trade, and business press
- Target-oriented and resourceful, with a positive, flexible mindset
- Can showcase proven results from a variety of past PR campaigns across national, local and industry publications
- Roll-up-your sleeves mentality with a willingness to work cross-functionally within the team as needed
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Stock options - Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 4 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.