Coder is looking for a Product Marketing Manager. But note upfront that we are not just looking for someone who wants a job, we are looking for someone who wants to take a leading role in revolutionizing how software is developed in the enterprise. We’ve developed a great solution that adds a lot of value to a lot of people - and now we need someone to help define and tell its story.
We are a startup so your responsibilities will be both broad and deep - and we’re moving very quickly so you’ll need to prioritize effectively and establish lightweight processes to ensure you’re making the best use of your time and resources to propel Coder forward. It’s definitely a firehose in a whirlwind, but in a good way of course.
- Product Messaging - Construct product messaging to articulate the value our technology provides, what challenges it solves, and why customers should deploy our products now.
- Content Creation - Develop a ton of content to support internal sales and partner engagements and for external marketing and communications
- GTM Strategy - Design and implement our GTM strategy, including identification of target market/customer, core use cases and customer journey.
- Sales Enablement - Establish programs, create materials, conduct training to ensure internal and extended sales forces are fully supported
- Product Launch - Own and coordinate product launches to maximize coverage and adoption
- Product Packaging - Define product structure including naming, packaging, licensing, and pricing to simplify sales/acquisition process and encourage customer adoption of new solutions.
- Competitive Marketing - Study and monitor potential alternatives, define our competitive differentiation and strategy
- Partner Marketing - Create programs and messaging to build a network of technical and sales partners to extend our product and sales reach
- Industry Relations - Establish working relationships with relevant industry analysts and members of the press to obtain feedback on our messaging and target markets and to amplify our message and elevate our credibility
- Spokesperson - Serve as a primary company spokesperson for analyst, press, customer, and investor briefings.
- At least seven years experience in product management, product marketing, engineering, corporate marketing, managing a team - a mix of larger organizations and startups is ideal
- An understanding of and experience in high technology - cloud computing, dev/ops, enterprise applications are a bonus
- Experience with software development highly sought after - at a minimum an understanding of the development process
- Adaptive personality, highly organized and self-motivating, taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced environment - should be comfortable with high ambiguity.
- Ability to understand technology at its core functions and articulate the benefits of the technology at a business level
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings.
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
Humanity is the ability to make your peers and partners happy to work with you. This includes being social and open with your coworkers and building deep trusts. In a remote company you don't get this for free, you have to intentionally work for it.
Efficiency is the tendency to optimize your time:output. It is linked with workflow-obsession and maximal utilization of tools.
Feedback is the tendency to seek external validation. That means measuring over assuming. This is linked with reduced cycle times and iterative approaches.
Read Full Job Description