RigUp is changing the way the world thinks about, finds & manages their contract labor. We’re looking for a product marketer who is part strategist, part creator, and part storyteller.
This role will be working to bring some of our most strategic projects to life. This person will be working cross functionally with product, sales, operations & marketing to define customer stories & go-to-market strategy for some of our key initiatives. This person will be an expert in understanding complex products and translating that into the easy to consume stories for our customers.
The ideal candidate has worked to develop in depth understanding of customer journeys as well as segmentation. They’ve developed listening programs to help inform product roadmaps & sales strategy. They know how to define positioning, how to test it and how to ensure it evolves to meet the needs of a changing business.
The right candidate should feel comfortable collaborating with teams across the business to define, plan, execute, and measure go-to-market efforts. You’ll work with a self-directed and tenacious team to drive the growth of RigUp’s business. On top of your product marketing chops, you’re also super organized and have a positive, get-it-done attitude.
What you’ll be doing:
- Positioning, Messaging & Segmentation - Define our story for key products & initiatives and how that story should vary by customer type
- Product Go-To-Market Ownership - Own the GTM Plans and communication for key product initiatives including all new feature launches for new & existing customers
- Customer Insights - Building a robust understanding of our customer base. Creating advisory boards and other insights programs that can help the rest of the organization understand our customers and the perception of our offerings in the market
- Cross Functional Collaboration - Build trust with internal teams through a consistent track record of delivery & communication
- Sales Enablement & Training - Supporting sales enablement efforts through clear messaging & collateral that helps the sales team close more revenue
- Customer journey mapping - Understanding how our customers flow through their experience with RigUp, what the drivers of retention and attrition are, defining strategic plans for reducing customer churn.
What you should have:
- 3-5 years of product marketing expertise
- Deep understanding of product marketing best practices and ability to track product marketing impact over time
- Hands-on experience both directly executing and commissioning external research (qualitative, quantitative, ethnographic), running analyses, and formulating well-reasoned recommendations
- Experience in market analysis
- Strong writing & content development skills
- Hands-on experience conceptualizing, planning, and executing bold and effective omni-channel go-to-market strategies
- Courageous, discerning, curious and agile - believes there are always better ways to get things done
- Scrappy when needed and calm in the face of chaos/unexpected curveballs
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!