Workrise is on a mission to make it easier for skilled tradespeople to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. We’ve committed to placing 100,000 workers in jobs by the end of 2023, and 1 million by the end of 2030. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas and are building the latest tech to support our workers in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing fast, and we’d love to hear how your product marketing expertise can help our marketing team and the company achieve our mission.
WHY PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGEMENT AT WORKRISE? This is an exciting opportunity to bring some of our most strategic projects to life. This person will be working cross functionally with product, sales, operations & marketing to define customer stories & go-to-market strategy for some of our key initiatives. This person will be an expert in understanding complex products and translating that into positioning, messaging, benefits and communication that drives value for the customer and the business
The Product Marketing Manager will be an integral member of the Workrise Marketing Team. You’ll be joining a group of exceptional marketing professionals, based in Austin and around the United States, who bring together a diverse set of experience from start-ups to marquee brands such as Facebook, Amazon and Indeed. We drive all components of marketing for the company from brand marketing to client and worker acquisition and lifecycle marketing to product marketing to PR and communications.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR: The Product Marketing Manager works to develop in-depth understanding of customer journeys as well as segmentation. You have experience developing listening programs to help inform product roadmaps & sales strategy. You know how to define positioning, how to test it and how to ensure it evolves to meet the needs of a changing business. As a stellar communicator, you are comfortable collaborating with teams across the business to define, plan, execute, and measure go-to-market efforts.Essential Responsibilities:
- Positioning, Messaging & Segmentation - Define our story for key products & initiatives and how that story should vary by customer type.
- Product Go-To-Market Ownership - Own the GTM Plans and communication for key product initiatives including all new feature launches for new & existing customers.
- Customer Insights - Building a robust understanding of our customer base. Creating advisory boards and other insights programs that can help the rest of the organization understand our customers and the perception of our offerings in the market.
- Cross Functional Collaboration - Build trust with internal teams through a consistent track record of delivery & communication.
- Sales Enablement & Training - Supporting sales enablement efforts through clear messaging & collateral that helps the sales team close more revenue.
- 5+ years of product marketing expertise.
- Deep understanding of product marketing best practices and ability to track product marketing impact over time.
- Hands-on experience both directly executing and commissioning external research (qualitative, quantitative, ethnographic), running analyses, and formulating well-reasoned recommendations.
- Experience in market analysis.
- Strong writing & content development skills.
- Hands-on experience conceptualizing, planning, and executing bold and effective omni-channel go-to-market strategies.
- Adaptable and agile: Scrappy when needed and calm in the face of chaos/unexpected curveballs.
- Courageous and curious: believes there are always better ways to get things done.
- Low ego: you always put the team before yourself.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with co-workers by displaying our company values:
- Own the Mission
- Learn and Grow
- Solutions Over Ego
- Raise the Bar
In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with:
- Health insurance options (including medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible paid time off
- Competitive 401k matching
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!