About Self and our mission
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there arenʼt many options for these people. Most banks arenʼt doing anything material to change the situation because itʼs not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, youʼre very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced Retention Marketing Manager to join our marketing team to drive positive outcomes for users of the Self Visa ® Credit Card. As part of the Retention Marketing Team, and reporting to the Director of Performance Marketing, the Retention Marketing Manager will develop and drive retention marketing strategies while owning core KPIs to increase card active users, increase card payment rates, and reduce churn. You will gain a deep understanding of our audience, and identify the pain points and needs that our consumers have in their credit building/financial journey.
● Utilize Braze (a Growth Marketing Automation Platform) to develop and evolve multi-channel marketing programs across Email, Push, SMS, in-app and Web notifications to drive KPI improvement for our credit card product.
● Own and influence core credit card retention KPIs like card origination rate, card payment rate, spend active users, card churn, and more.
● Map out and own the credit card retention marketing customer lifecycle.
● Build/code responsive email templates (an email templating program is used, but basic HTML knowledge is required).
● Identify actionable opportunities and best practices to improve campaign performance through A/B testing and analysis while collaborating with internal teams to inform campaign strategy.
● Identify fluctuations in performance across campaigns and assess and execute tactics to rightsize issues in KPIs.
● Focus on data/CRM management, query our customer database, and work with our data teams to enable clean, effective segmentation and communication.
● Implement & maintain the transactional communications required for the credit card product.
● Report and communicate campaign effectiveness to key stakeholders.
● B.S. or M.S. degree and 5+ years experience in retention marketing, primarily email and push
● Previous financial service or credit card marketing experience
● Experience with email and push platforms (Braze is a plus, but includes Responsys, Exact Target, Urban Airship, etc)
● Experience in A/B testing to drive KPI improvement
● Experience in consumer journey mapping, segmentation, and persona building
● Strong Microsoft Excel skills
● Analytical/Data driven mindset (SQL knowledge is a plus!)
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
● Organization, planning, and prioritization skills are a must
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
● Competitive Pay
● Stock options
● Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
● Enjoy our flexible vacation policy
● Educational assistance
● Free gym membership
● Paid parental leave
● Corporate bonuses
● Opportunity to work with and learn from industry veterans
● Opportunity to be a part of the internal Diversity, Inclusion and Equity group
● Remote work arrangements/ Flexible work schedule (due to the pandemic)
● Our downtown office is open for those who want to take advantage of working onsite.
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Due to COVID-19, we're working from home until further notice (stay safe!).