Senior Illustrator - Brand at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About The Opportunity
Cloudflare is looking for a senior illustrator to join the Brand Creative and Design team within the Cloudflare marketing team. You'll contribute to our brand ethos and strategy by building scalable illustration systems – across all touchpoints that help people understand what Cloudflare is. The ideal candidate demonstrates strong conceptualization skills and craft mastery, quickly moving between business goals into solid creative vision and style conventions that unify the brand across all mediums. You'll elevate our brand illustration's look, feel and aesthetics and collaborate closely with the Creative Director and Design Lead, making sure the spirit of the Cloudflare brand is expressed appropriately. This role has a tremendous opportunity to level up the Cloudflare brand.
What you will do
- Elevate an illustration style in support of a unique, memorable brand experience
- Develop principles and guidelines to document how to design and apply illustration across touchpoints
- Act as a source of truth on illustration and make sure it aligns to Cloudflare brand ethos, and imagery strategy
- Create a library of illustration assets, including spot, and icon illustrations
- Develop illustration for multiple applications: web, product, events, campaigns, video and motion graphics, and more.
- Work with designers, video editors, animators, and product designers to translate complex, technical concepts into easy to understand, on-brand visual assets
We’re Excited About You Because You Have
- 7+ years working as a professional illustrator either in-house, freelance, agency, or a combination
- Strong sense of design principles, attention to detail, and conceptual skills
- Experience with storyboarding and animation with an understanding of the creative development process
- Up-to-date with all current illustration trends and tools
- Knowledge of platform requirements across digital and print media
- A passion for quality without sacrificing velocity
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to work within various illustration styles and make sense of business needs and design constraints
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, and After Effects
- Experience working for a B2B technology company
- PORTFOLIO REQUIRED – please submit/attach a link and required passwords, if required, to be considered
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location. For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $123,000 - $151,000.
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.