Senior Manager, Content Marketing at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a dynamic, highly skilled content marketer to join our growing Content team. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry through content strategy and creation.
The Senior Content Marketing Manager will report to the Director, Content Marketing and will oversee a team of content creators and strategists in support of BigCommerce’s thought leadership programming. This role will work cross-functionally with Brand, Partner and Demand Generation Marketing teams to develop and execute content strategies designed to create awareness and drive engagement with content. This person should be an experienced content marketer and people leader who is equal parts creative and strategic with a passion for storytelling.
You Must Have:
- 5+ years of content strategy and content writing experience with a focus on B2B marketing, ecommerce and/or SaaS.
- 3+ years of experience managing and coaching teams, and providing content feedback and direction.
- Roots in editorial content creation, writing and brand marketing with an emphasis on strategic storytelling.
- A proven track record of developing and executing marketing content strategies and tactics.
- A thorough understanding of how content should support the buyers’ journey.
- Experience launching new content series and programs.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- A demonstrated ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems.
- Experience in audio and video production is a bonus.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute integrated content strategies and tactics in support of thought leadership programming and Content Marketing goals.
- Manage, coach and mentor a team of content creators and strategists, providing direction and editorial feedback.
- Strategize cross-functionally both internally and externally with Marketing, Sales, Brand, Product and Design teams, as well as partners, customers, influencers and experts for maximum content impact.
- Make strategic recommendations for relevant content types based on objectives, distribution channels and past performance data.
- Identify opportunities to repurpose and repackage content in order to amplify message, visibility and lead generation.
- Identify content performance KPIs and continue to refine the content strategies based on performance metrics.
- Regularly conduct content research, audits and analysis to ensure content is competitive, timely and relevant by industry standards.
- Review content and provide editorial feedback.
- Occasionally proof, edit and write content for marketing materials.
Who You Are
- Strategist - You understand how different marketing messages and channels affect business people in different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to retention.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers.
- Leader - You are comfortable leading projects and coaching teams of people.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Eager Learner - You pick up on things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.