Senior Marketing Analyst at Self Financial
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the Analytics team
You will be joining an Analytics team that is focused on impact with the goal of driving data driven decision making to every part of the business. We work closely with Marketing, Product, Finance and Operations providing reporting and helping solve problems that improve both customer and business outcomes.
About The Role
Self is looking for a Senior Marketing Analyst to level up how we approach and evaluate our Performance and Retention Marketing measurement and optimization.
Our Marketing team is constantly evaluating new channels. You will be tasked with measuring performance across both our website and mobile apps, as well as different types of marketing channels such as email & push notifications, paid search, paid social, TV, radio, and more.
This is a SQL heavy role that will interact with raw clickstream data for website and mobile applications, Marketing spend data, etc. This role reports to the Director of Analytics.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Lead data driven analyses to influence Performance and Retention Marketing strategies
- Utilize measurement techniques such as hold-out testing, time-series analysis, difference in differences, a/b testing, etc
- Assist in development of our media mix model and multi-touch attribution capabilities to inform cross-channel and cross-platform strategies
- Work with Retention Marketing to analyze performance of holdout tests, multi-step campaigns, etc.
- Work with Acquisition Marketing to identify areas of opportunity for landing page tests, creative analysis, audience analysis, and budget optimization.
- Contribute to our Marketing event schema and CRM development
- Conduct segmentation analysis to identify areas of opportunity
- Assist in development of our media mix model and multi-touch attribution capabilities
- Assist Marketing stakeholders with owned Tableau dashboard and reporting development
- You have been in the trenches of Marketing Analytics
- You have at least 5 years of digital and/or Marketing Analytics experience
- Excellent SQL capabilities (CTE’s, subqueries, window functions, joins)
- You finish the work you start, and are comfortable communicating your insights to stakeholders at every stage of the business
- Familiarity with Marketing KPIs and concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Finance, Economics or related analytical field and/or extensive industry experience (Master’s Preferred)
- Familiarity with Media Mix Modeling and/or multi-touch attribution models
- Familiarity with Python and packages such as SciPy, PyMC3, Pandas, etc
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and on a small team
- Results oriented
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Humble and proactive about asking questions
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
- Our perks include:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock options
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Enjoy our vacation policy – there is no policy, balance matters
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Catered company lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays (when in office work resumes)
- Team happy hours and events (when in office work resumes)
- Downtown Austin office space
- Remote work arrangements/ Flexible work schedule (due to the pandemic)
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.