Senior Marketing Analyst at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
Cloudflare is looking for a senior marketing analyst to join the broad demand generation (demand gen) marketing team. Our key KPIs focus as a team are 1. Cost-effective customer acquisition at scale 2. Stimulating demand for additional products by existing customers 3. Driving the performance of our web site across the entire customer journey, for both acquisition and expansion. Your role is to help measure, drive insights, and support programs that increase performance in these 3 areas, which cross financial, marketing, and operational realms. To accomplish these objectives, you will work and communicate with a wide range of cross-functional stakeholders, including customer acquisition, expansion, marketing operations and technology (all within marketing) as well as BI (under the CFO) and sales and customer success operations (in Sales).
Cloudflare remains a fast growth company. We grow rapidly both at scale, and cost effectively. This is a great opportunity to play a big role informing, educating, guiding quality decision making, and thus shaping this business going forward.
- Inform, guide, and support fact-based decision making by senior marketing executives, both at the strategic as well as at the tactical level
- Design and implement metrics / dashboards to measure effectiveness of our customer acquisition and customer retention marketing programs (ROI of campaigns / channels/ customer segments/verticals) against key company KPIs and strategize opportunities for growth
- Ownership of our web analytics across the board
- Ownership of customer journey analytics from customer acquisition, through on-site activity and down through the salesforce and customer success
- Analyzing day-to-day financial performance and digging into results to find insightful trends or anomalies
- Inform and support our ongoing rapid test-and-learn in customer acquisition and website optimization
- Supporting operations (e.g. segmentation, targeting) and measuring the effectiveness of campaigns
- Collaborate closely with data/BI, product, engineering and other marketing stakeholders to define data requirements
- Communicating results to various stakeholders (partners, collaborators, and executives)
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree a plus. Minimum 7+ years professional experience in an analytics role, including Marketing or Product analytics, and web analytics
- Experience informing and guiding senior leaders in marketing in making both important strategic decisions, and ongoing tactical optimizations
- Background in driving and enabling a fact-based, ROI, data driven decision making culture across stakeholders - from the most senior to the most junior
- Fluency with analytics across multiple channels including marketing campaigns (email, PPC, events, etc.), web, and product
- Excel and SQL, Tableau, A|B testing, and Google Analytics experience
- Hands-on ability to work across these tools and guide and support other analysts at all levels throughout the organization
- Business savvy - the ability to understand the bottom line aspects of frontline customer acquisition campaigns
- Strong analysis skills – You love to tell stories with numbers and use data to inform strategy
- Experience juggling multiple projects – You can easily manage multiple projects at once and are able to work in a fast-paced, autonomous role
- Excellent communication skills – Whether it is data visualization or presenting results, you can easily share the key takeaways with executives, peers or customers
- Affinity for teamwork - effective in a highly collaborative, non political culture of the kind we have at Cloudflare
- You can transition seamlessly between strategic level planning and detail-oriented execution
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.