Senior Marketing Automation Specialist - International Expansion (Europe, Middle East, and Africa)
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The BigCommerce Sr. Automation Specialist (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) operates in the Revenue Operations - Technology organization to produce and execute EMEA International Expansion Marketing tactics, programs, and campaigns via our Marketing Automation Platform (MAP), Marketo. On top of day-to-day operations, maintenance, and administration of Marketo, the Sr. Automation Specialist is responsible for optimizing the MARTECH (Marketing Technology) Stack, Integrations, APIs, and the data structure that supports Database Marketing and Lead Lifecycle to enable the “gold standard” of marketing -- delivering the right message, to the right person, at the right time!What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with the international expansion team to develop new processes, build Marketo Programs, Drips & Nurtures in support of our International expansion efforts in EMEA
- Manage EMEA Translation efforts for Marketo through our translation tool (Smartling)
- Build within the Marketing Activities, Lead Database, and Design Studio sections of Marketo with Best Practice tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Conduct complex troubleshooting for stakeholders to identify the problem, implement a fix, and propose a long-term solution to prevent in the future
- Build synchronization between Marketo and Salesforce to manage proper lead flow, tracking, and reporting at each stage of the funnel
- Administer ancillary MARTECH platforms and system integrations (Salesforce, UTMs, Drift Chat, GoToWebinar, Openprise, Segment.io, Craft CMS - Web, etc.)
- Leverage basic HTML/CSS skills for development of email and landing page templates
- Build TEMPLATE: Programs in the Center of Excellence for Best Practice scalability
- Contribute to the building of intricate, complex Operational programs like Lead Scoring, Lead Routing & Lead Lifecycle that fuel velocity/aging metrics and Revenue Review business reporting
- Be able to pull reports in-platforms that use critical thinking skills and advanced logic to identify business problems
- Spend 75% of your time in the platform conducting run-the-business (RTB) stakeholder ticket requests through JIRA
- Spend 25% of your time on big projects and strategic initiatives across critical infrastructure, architecture, net new systems & processes, and cross-functional SOP development
- 2+ years experience in Marketo, preferably Marketo Certified Expert
- Fluent in English and at least one of the following languages: French, Italian, or German
- Proven ability in all aspects of Best Practice Automation skillsets
- Ability to be the main Power User of Marketo and an additional critical platform
- Ability to train, coach and develop junior Automation Manager skillsets
- Detail-oriented with a passion for learning optimal process and best practice implementation
- Team-first mentality with a passion to learn the critical disciplines of Marketing Automation, Database Marketing, Inbound Marketing Methodology, Lead Lifecycle, and Data Orchestration
- High standard bearer who appreciates being a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission
- Critical thinker who can take an abstract, ambiguous request and use a systems-thinking approach to break it down into system logic and visualize a build
- Learner who’s always ready for more and is excited to continuously improve process
- Service and “customers first” mentality always looking to be helpful to stakeholders
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.