Senior SEO Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is redefining the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin,
As the Senior SEO Manager in Austin, you will implement our SEO strategy for North American BigCommerce web properties. For this role, we’re looking for someone with a consistent track record of growing organic traffic and leading SEO initiatives for high traffic websites.
The SEO Manager, NA must be a creative problem solver proficient in standard methodologies (technical, on-site and off-site) who can complete and run long-term SEO growth. The candidate will relish diving deep into SEO-relevant data, building business cases for projects to grow organic traffic, and complete the SEO strategy to drive conversions and MRR. This will be a fun and fast-paced role, so we need an enthusiastic and meticulous standout colleague to join our organization.What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the SEO team to lead, implement, run and scale SEO initiatives for our North American web properties.
- Consistent track record assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results and in a fast-paced online environment.
- Propose new SEO strategies and solutions based on experience and industry trends.
- Take ownership in documenting and innovating on our internal processes to drive efficiency.
- Consistent record in leading SEO projects (from inception to completion) that drives business growth.
- Communicate, demonstrate, articulate and educate on SEO philosophies and standard methodologies to key partners.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners (Marketing, Content, Product Marketing, Digital, Engineering, UX, and Product) to implement SEO standard methodologies, and demonstrate cross-functional insights in planning and program development.
- Provide comprehensive keyword research and competitor analysis to create content briefs for our content team to create and update pages to rank organically.
- Use Google Search Console and additional tools to find quick opportunities for optimization, after publishing content. Includes tweaks to body content, metadata, and more.
- Plan and deliver targeted outreach campaigns that drive organic traffic and link acquisition.
- Produce comprehensive technical SEO audits, specs, and requirements for product, engineering, and editorial teams, guiding projects through conclusion.
- Apply SEO and analytics tools such as Ahrefs, SEMRush, Clearscope, Botify, Screaming Frog, BrightEdge, Google Analytics, Amplitude, Google Search Console, and so forth.
- Monitor SEO trends and stay ahead of standard methodologies to identify new opportunities to improve targeting, production, and audience generation.
- Monitor the organic performance of BigCommerce North American properties as well as competitor sites, SERP features and Google algorithm updates.
- QA on all SEO changes both in the pre-production environment and on the live site.
- Experience developing and performing SEO strategies for SaaS companies is an advantage but not required.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills, and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, drive rationale, discover root causes and find opportunities
Who You Are
- Experienced SEO Professional - 8+ years of SEO experience, driving organic traffic growth and conversions for high traffic websites..
- Committed - You enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others. You have a tremendous work ethic and go above and beyond.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Systems Automation- You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Process and Project Manager - You can readily design practices, processes, and prioritizations, know what to measure, and how to measure it.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are crucial for working with people both internally and externally.
- Relational - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to implement consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of partnership by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you do, but how you do it
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.