SEO Specialist at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Are you a person who loves learning and wants to take your SEO skills to the next level? BigCommerce, named a 2019 Best Place to Work in Austin, is searching for a Digital Marketing Specialist (SEO) to join our team.
Reporting to the Senior SEO Manager, this is an entry-level role with great opportunities for hands-on experience with a high-performing marketing group. If you are a fast learner and passionate about launching a career in Digital Marketing, this is the role for you.
The Digital Marketing Specialist (SEO) will join our growing, global SEO and Content Marketing team. You will get hands-on experience across SEO and content marketing. The right candidate exhibits a true passion for becoming an expert digital marketer, loves to execute, is detailed oriented with excellent communication/people skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the partner in crime our world-class content team as we continue to create content that puts customers first, ranks well in organic search for target keywords, and drives new customer acquisition.
- Proactively identify and scale process for identifying new keyword opportunities, then take action to capitalize on them — pushing through from ideation to execution and right over the finish line to completion.
- Use Google Search Console and additional tools to find low hanging fruit for optimization, after publishing content. Includes tweaks to body content, metadata, and more.
- Execute and scale outreach by keeping up with existing contacts and connecting with additional thought leaders in the ecommerce space to drive content partnerships
- Consult and work closely with our product and engineering teams to make technical SEO recommendations.
- Automate monthly SEO reporting.
- Use SEO tools such as Ahrefs, Clearscope, Screaming Frog, and SEMRush.
Who You Are:
- 1-2+ years experience working in fast-paced environment (e.g., tech, startup, marketing agency, etc.) is preferred
- Foundational knowledge of digital marketing channels and platforms including SEM, and SEO
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred
- Business-to-business (B2B) marketing experience a plus
- You thrive under deadlines and juggling multiple priorities and have had experience on delivering online campaigns
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear, succinct and timely communication and proven ability to foster important relationships
- Professional maturity, composure, and emotional intelligence
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadline
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.