Social Media Marketer - Contractor at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
As a leading SaaS ecommerce platform for growing brands, BigCommerce has a lot of stories to tell. We’ve experienced extremely fast growth over the past few years with amazing clients and partners who are building some of the most successful companies in the world — and we want to share those stories and build communities around them.
We’re looking for a Social Media Specialist Contractor to join the creative team, where they’ll work with the Brand Manager to help improve BigCommerce brand awareness, social audience engagement and adoption of our platform.
Our team is on a mission to build the most creative, fun and well-executed marketing program in the business. If you want to do exceptional work with exceptional people, we want to hear from you!What you’ll do:
- Own the BigCommerce organic social media content calendar and real-time engagement opportunities on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Contribute ideas to creative campaigns and the BigCommerce employee social media program with the Brand Manager
- Work with community management and customer marketing teams to represent the voice of the customer in social content
- Work with our in-house design team to produce standout creative social videos and images
- Track, report on and improve qualitative and quantitative results over time
- Inform internal teams on social and digital marketing trends and best practices to help us continue to build a world-class social program
- 1-2 years of experience in a social media role, with agency or in-house experience (technology or B2B brand experience preferred)
- Passionate about social media, branding and building online communities
- Exceptional writing and grammar skills; ability to distill complicated topics into interesting social media posts and campaigns
- An eye for social media design; experience in Sketch and/or Photoshop
- Experience with producing live and recorded videos
- Availability to work remotely 30-40 hours per week
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, PR, advertising or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong interest in working at a fast-paced technology company
- Team player who upholds our company values
Please send a resume, cover letter and any work samples to [email protected]
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.