Specialist-Marketing and Communications at Ascension
Ascension is hiring a Marketing and Communications specialist supporting the Director, Marketing and Communications, serving Clinical & Network Services. You will develop content and coordinates distribution of deliverables to support external marketing and/or internal communication strategies and plans.
This position is remote.
What You Will Do
- Prepares published, printed or electronic deliverables required to support the goals and strategies of communication plans for marketing and/or communication initiatives developed to meet the goals of the business units served by Marketing and Communications (MarCom).
- Collaborates with MarCom team members and business unit leaders in development of communication plans to support external marketing and/or internal communication initiatives, as well as best practices.
- Develops supporting project plans and periodic calendars of communication events. Monitors development costs and timing of production.
- Ensures consistent framing of messaging and refines core messaging in deliverables, supporting organizational consistency in all aspects of Ascension communications.
- Monitors trends in best practices.
- Implements tactics that provide local market voice to System "key messages" Ensures that communications are consistent, accurate and appropriate
- Supports Marketing and Communications Shared Services leadership and staff to implement internal and external resources locally and internationally.
- Uses appropriate metrics and measurement strategies for data reporting to enable continuous improvement and ensures effective use of resources.
- Maintains a highly responsive relationship with leaders across multiple disciplines to record, track, and facilitate closure of both in and out-of-scope requests.
- Investigates and troubleshoots problems and improves areas of redundancy and work to eliminate manual input and areas of high potential for human error.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, stressful environment
- Must be able to work in a hybrid work environment
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field
- Three years in the marketing and/or communications specialty area (Brand Marketing, Internal Communications or Public & Media Relations) preferred.
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.