Sr. SEO Manager at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Sr. SEO Manager that will be responsible for defining our search engine optimization strategy from both a technical and content perspective in order to drive organic traffic and conversions. In this role, you will identify large-scale opportunities for search engine optimization and translate those opportunities into business requirements, projects and site features. You will coordinate with cross-functional teams across product, marketing, and engineering to bring your ideas to life. With support from external vendors, you will be capable of both developing SEO content strategies and rolling up your sleeves to implement them, and should have a combination of technical SEO skills, tactical SEO experience, and content marketing experience.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a passion for customer acquisition, a strong analytical and growth hacker mentality, strong content optimization experience, and expert problem-solving and experimentation skills.
Why join us? Our Worker Marketing team at Workrise is responsible for driving skilled trade workers to our platform while maintaining an efficient RoAS. This role has the unique opportunity to define how we leverage SEO across the organization to achieve our acquisition goals and to build the foundation for future growth at Workrise.
- Establish a shared SEO vision across company stakeholders by building consensus on priorities leading to successful content experiments.
- Product manage our SEO efforts, including coordinating with cross-functional teams, managing the prioritization list, and working to drive progress
- Conduct keyword and competitive research, optimize the website for SEO to increase rankings, inbound links, and organic traffic.
- Develop compelling and differentiated content to reveal the value of Workrise to workers at different stages of their journey. Source content that drives SEO traffic and lead generation.
- Create reporting to measure the impact of SEO on higher-order corporate goals
- Build an environment to monitor technical website health by incorporating tools such as Deep Crawl, Screaming Frog, Lighthouse and Google Search Console
- Stay abreast of search engine guidelines, industry trends, and all search engine algorithm updates
- 5+ years of technical SEO and content optimization experience in-house or at an agency
- Experience and willingness building an organization’s “SEO muscle” from scratch
- Deep understanding of SEO best practices
- Strong data skills with experience collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting data using a variety of systems
- Basic/Intermediate SQL experience a plus
- Low ego — you care about outcomes and team successes over individual credit
- Courageous, discerning, curious, and agile outlook — you believe there are always better ways to get things done
- Superb written and oral communication skills; excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a broad spectrum of both internal team members and external vendors/partners
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!