VP, Product Marketing
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX in 2017 is looking for an experienced leader to maximize the successful adoption of BigCommerce products by prospective and existing merchants through industry-leading product marketing. In this role you will lead a team in building a deep understanding of our target customers and their needs and to develop GTM strategies across channels and segments.
Ultimate success in this role includes providing:
- Industry-leading articulation of BigCommerce’s product superiority on the BigCommerce website and any other collateral viewed by prospective merchants
- Best practice communication of existing and new product capabilities to existing merchants, so they successfully utilize the features that best facilitate their success
- Recommendations of product, service, and user experience enhancements that best deliver merchant success and differentiates BigCommerce from the competition
What you’ll do
- Lead and manage a team of product marketers to ensure the success of product placement and adoption
- Develop go-to-market strategy and oversee GTM launch processes for new product launches, and deliver differentiated messaging and product positioning
- Train and support sales and customer support teams
- Develop customer segmentation – identify target segments, their needs and purchase decision process, develop value proposition and sales mix strategy for each segment
- Develop and implement the strategy for pricing, messaging, packaging, promotion and selling of our products
- Serve as an evangelist for our products through thought leadership-driven content and event participation
- Act as the "voice of the customer" and bring customer insights (direct and from other teams) into product, product marketing/messaging and customer service decisions
- Educate company on competition and market/industry trends
- Define high value customers - understand their needs and purchase decision process; deliver differentiated strategy across the customer lifecycle to meet their needs
- Gain deep understanding of various distribution Partners, independent developers, website designers, and other players in the ecosystem
- Align all cross-functional activities and output to overarching business strategy
- Lead internally and externally; collaborate cross-functionally with key internal partners
Who you are
- Successful Business-to-Business Product Marketing Leader
- 15+ years B2B marketing experience in eCommerce with an expertise product marketing.
- 10+ years leadership experience, including 3+ years Director or above leadership at a $50M+ company overseeing cross-functional teams
- BA/BS in marketing, business or related fields from a four-year college or university; MBA preferred
- Expert level knowledge of the SaaS model and ecommerce space
- Technically Adept - You have deep understanding of product marketing best practices, pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently leading teams to achieve objectives within a complex acquisition driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Servant Leader - You are a proven servant leader with a strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment and inspire them to give 100% effort and perform at levels higher than they imagined they could achieve.
- Strategist - You have experience developing and executing marketing strategy across channels (preferably in SMB and Enterprise marketing). Possessing perspective, you can see and discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future, recognize what can/should be done now to affect future performance, and see and understand the challenges between the current and the ideal situation.
- Data Driven Decision Maker - You are an organized, data-driven and detail and goal oriented believer in building great systems and process, have strong business acumen, prioritize effectively, consistently make good decisions, and creatively solve complex problems.
- Visionary - Ability to Think Big and plan for the future with imagination and wisdom.
- Agile - Capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in competitors, technologies, or market conditions.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for for small and mid-market business customers, service, and satisfaction. With dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, you get first-hand information and use it for improvements in products and services, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships, gaining trust and respect.
- Master Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication, listening, presentation, and relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations.and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners across Product Development, Sales, Strategic Business Development, other Marketing channels.
- Composed - You know how to remain focused and collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven teambuilding activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events