VP, Product Marketing
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX in 2018, is looking for an experienced executive to maximize the successful adoption of our products by prospective and existing merchants through industry-leading product marketing. Powering over $5B in annual sales for more than 60,000 clients in 120 countries, BigCommerce is focused on enabling businesses of all sizes to sell more, sell faster, sell everywhere. Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will directly manage Director and Senior Manager level product marketers who have deep understanding of the market segments we serve and use those insights to guide where we build, buy or partner. You will also oversee go to market for new products and services.
What you’ll do
- Lead and manage a team of product marketers to ensure the success of product placement and adoption
- Develop go-to-market strategy and oversee GTM launch processes for new product launches, and deliver differentiated messaging and product positioning
- Collaborate with Sales and Business Development Leadership to define high-value customers - understand their needs and purchase decision process; deliver differentiated strategy across the customer lifecycle to meet their needs
- Gain deep understanding of various distribution Partners, independent developers, website designers, and other players in the ecosystem
- Align all cross-functional activities and output to overarching business strategy
- Lead internally and externally; collaborate cross-functionally with key internal partners
- Develop customer segmentation – identify target segments, their needs and purchase decision process, develop value proposition and sales mix strategy for each segment
- Architect and implement the strategy for pricing, messaging, packaging, promotion and selling of our products
- Serve as an evangelist for our products through thought leadership-driven content and event participation
- Act as the "voice of the customer" and bring customer insights (direct and from other teams) into product, product marketing/messaging and customer service decisions
- Educate the company, particularly Product Development and Engineering leadership, on competition and market/industry trends to influence the Product Roadmap
- Enable the field-facing teams to sell most effectively by creating sales playbooks, positioning and collateral
- Lead, manage, motivate the team
- Role model best practices and help negotiate solutions to complex challenges, where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth knowledge
Who you are
- Successful Business-to-Business Product Marketing Leader
- 15+ years marketing experience with B2B product marketing preferred 3+ years Director or above leadership, ideally at a $50M+ company
- Expert level knowledge of the SaaS model, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully and consistently developing and executing marketing strategy and leading teams to Think Big and achieve objectives within a complex acquisition-driven business.
- Servant Leader - You are a proven servant leader with a strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment and inspire them to perform at levels higher than they imagined they could achieve.
- Data Driven Decision Maker - You are an organized, data-driven and detail and goal oriented believer in building great systems and process, have strong business acumen, prioritize effectively, consistently make good decisions, and creatively solve complex problems.
- Agile - Capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in competitors, technologies, or market conditions.
- Master Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication, listening, presentation, and relationship skills are critical.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in matrixed organizations.and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with external and internal partners at all levels across Product Development, Sales, Strategic Business Development, other Marketing channels.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess a resiliently positive attitude, have professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.