Square Root is growing! To help support our leadership and culture teams, we’re looking for an assistant to infuse some organizational magic to the group. This role is a hybrid of executive support and office management reporting to Courtney, our Head of Culture + People.
As the first impression for Square Root, you should bring a positive attitude, genuine interest in startup culture, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to learn. Our ideal assistant will anticipate our executives’ needs, portray a stellar image of Square Root internally and externally, and keep our office operations running smoothly.
We need a go-getter, willing to jump into any task, whether it’s keeping us caffeinated or planning our next company meeting. Sound like you? If so, let’s chat!
- Welcome guests to the office and make them feel at home
- Run our executives’ calendars including protecting their time and representing them well to the world
- Book executive travel and submit expense reports through Expensify
- Coordinate client meetings, gifts, and swag
- Own office operations including vendor and lease management
- Keep our office areas clean, orderly, and fully stocked with supplies
- Organize meetings and events, including team lunches and offsites
- Take ownership of our office amenities like snacks and wellness perks
- Tackle all things accounting, payroll, and compliance
- Assist the Culture + People team with significant scale events and initiatives
- Manage documentation like the company directory, org chart, and office calendar
- Use Slack, G Suite, Excel, and Trello to keep our team in the loop
- There is no shortage of opportunities - The right person will grow and evolve this role!
- You’re interested in executive assistance, HR or business operations
- You enjoy going out of your way to serve others and overdeliver
- You possess honesty, integrity, and respect for confidentiality
- You’ve got an eye for details and inclination for quick execution
- You’re able to work in ambiguity and solve problems on the fly
- Your communication skills are top-notch balancing warmth and professionalism
- You’re not afraid to pipe up with your feedback
- You're comfortable learning (and introducing!) new processes, tools, and software
- You’re innately curious and fanatical about learning
- You’re optimistic, self-motivated, and always ready to pitch in and help
- Most importantly you bring gumption, strong work ethic, and kindness to everything you do
- This role occasionally works odd hours and weekends.
- The salary range for this role is $40,000 - $45,000.
- There is no relocation offered for this role.
- Please apply with a cover letter that details why you’re a fit for the role and Square Root!
We’re always looking for people to add to and evolve our culture + company. We want you to bring your unique experience and perspective, so don’t worry about checking all the boxes. If our values and mission resonate with you, please apply!
Our Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. As we grow, we’re not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we’re also looking for people that share our values. Here's the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. We think big ideas are meant to be pursued. So, we think critically and have a bias for action and impact. We continually iterate to deliver smarter direction and better software.
- Be customer-inspired. We aim to over-deliver and delight by doing what’s best, not just what’s expected. That’s why we make it a priority to understand how our customers operate and the challenges that they face.
- Partner. We build strong relationships by having a partnership mindset – internally and externally. We go above and beyond to help our customers, and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We set our internal bar high so that we can bring enthusiasm, speed, and innovation. We revere personal drive, growth, and balance. We celebrate successes, and, sometimes, we just celebrate.
The Good Stuff
Founded in Austin, Texas, we’ve been bootstrapped and profitable since our start in 2006. Along the way, we’ve added a slew of benefits and perks inspired by our team of Radicals. Here’s a sample:
- Flexibility: no dress code, unlimited PTO, and paid parental leave
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- A cozy campus of five 1920’s craftsman homes in downtown
- Radicals get $3,000 a year to learn anything (seriously!)
- Team lunches, stocked kitchen + bar, coffee-snob compliant coffee machines
Square Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.