Application Support Engineer, Telematics at CCC
At CCC, it’s all about connectivity we are a provider of innovative cloud, mobile, telematics, hyperscale technologies and services for the automotive, insurance, and collision repair industries. Our solutions and big data insights are delivered through our CCC ONE™ platform, which connects 350+ insurance companies, 24,000+ repair facilities, original equipment manufacturers, hundreds of parts suppliers, and dozens of third-party data and service providers. Our platform, carwise.com , provides access to car-related services for millions of consumers. Auto Injury Solutions Inc., also a CCC company, provides casualty solutions to auto insurers for the handling of first and third-party claims. In short, our collective set of solutions make connected car, vehicle, and accident data actionable, informing decision-making, enhancing productivity, and helping customers deliver faster and better experiences for end consumers.
Job Description Summary
The Telematics Application Support Engineer is responsible for providing system and software support for application(s) developed and maintained in our Amazon (AWS) cloud infrastructure. The engineer should be a self-starter and be able to collaborate with Product development, QA teams and other such teams to gain and document application knowledge needed to support our services. This engineer will also troubleshoot and resolve any issues that occur within or pertain to the application software. As a support engineer, you will be responsible for addressing technical customer escalations related to application issues, workflow questions and resolving them on a day to day basis. The engineer will also work closely with development teams to address escalations that may require application software changes. This position will be responsible for technical interaction with Customer IT Departments as part of debugging and resolution during system and application outages. The support engineer will recommend the appropriate technology options to support the software to IT management.
- Handle application software related tickets escalated by Customers, Call center, Product Development teams
- Make recommendations for operational efficiency improvements and new operational capabilities (KPIs, reporting, alerting, etc.)
- Participate in Application / Platform maintenance and releases for production and pre-production environment including vetting out test/validation results, etc. with the production development teams
- Participates in disaster recovery and business continuity tests by performing documented recovery procedures for the platform
- Operate, Monitor and Support the Platform for SLAs, Operational dashboard and Reports.
- Collaborate with IT Ops team on multiple locations (Chicago and Austin) on, metrics reporting, operational dashboards, release processes, etc.
- Participate in the integration of Operational Dashboards, monitoring, alerting, reporting, etc. with NOC and Call Center infrastructure
- Create Operational run book documentation for standard operating tasks for production and test environments working with development teams
- 3+ years’ experience with supporting server-based software applications environments
- Complex problem-solving skills in debugging Application software
- Working knowledge of SQL Databases & basic writing SQL skills
- Experience supporting and using Unix/Linux based systems
- Experience debugging and deploying applications in cloud and physical datacenter
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience supporting in Java-based applications environments
- Proficiency in AWS and related open source / cloud technologies, would be a plus
- Proficiency in Chef, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Hadoop, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, etc. Would be a plus
- Certifications in AWS, including AWS sysops certification is a plus