- Supports category, merchandising, promotional and pricing strategy development, analysis and execution.
- Supports category assortment planning, including supplier line reviews, assortment analysis, stakeholder collaboration, item planning and forecasting.
- With guidance, engages with support team and other stakeholders to translate assortment plans into merchandising plans and help with project execution.
- Plans and executes logistics for key events including supplier line reviews, supplier meetings, sampling events, etc.
- Maintains list of supplier contacts and supports supplier communication as needed (e.g. weekly conference call set up, meeting / call notes and recaps).
- Maintains and updates appropriate system(s) content and helps with other documentation and reporting as assigned.
- Facilitates information sharing between all applicable stakeholders.
- Supports testing development, execution, and analysis as directed.
- Assists with category reset and revisions processes, promotional support, samples and sample room maintenance and with data management as needed.
- Performs and/or assists with data analysis and reporting.
- May own the process for a category insights and strategy presentation.
- May assist in project management of new product development lifecycle (Ideation - RFP – BA - Launch).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports team efforts to develop category vision that is:
- Grounded in customer-centric data,
- Supports higher-level objectives, and
- Encompasses a breadth of forward-looking insight.
- Supports leadership and works closely with team leaders on assigned work.
- Seeks guidance and support as required.
- Accountable for positively impacting team collaboration and group effectiveness.
- Detail-oriented with strong planning and execution skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and in a group.
- Ability to deal effectively and comfortably with various stakeholders.
- Familiarity with retail software solutions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Passion for Organics, Fair Trade, Quality Standards and the Natural Foods industry.
- Strong skills utilizing Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiar with category management and/or EB Product Lifecycle concepts, practices and procedures.
- Demonstrates intellectual and analytical curiosity.
- Able to read financial reports, spot business trends and assess underlying drivers of results.
- Familiar with financial goals and guidelines.
- Demonstrates a desire for continuous learning and sharpening this skill.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and listening.
- Understands necessity of tailoring communication to meet audience needs.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.