Associate IT Administrator
Key roles and responsibilities:
IT Service Desk
- Answer and log incoming IT support calls into the IT Management System and “Fix on First Call” over the phone or remotely if possible
- Manage all incoming IT support emails into the IT Management System and direct to the necessary support queue, escalating requests to the appropriate party, as needed
- Manage all other incoming support emails and distribute to other departments as necessary (e.g. Software Development Team, Maintenance).
- When an urgent support request is made for a site (that at the time does not have the local IT Support Specialist present) arrange for the Mobile IT Support Specialist to visit the site to resolve the issue.
- Monitor the call logging system to ensure that all requests for support from each site are met and responded to in an efficient and effective manner.
- In conjunction with the Senior IT Manager, monitor high impact issues to ensure all relevant staff are deployed effectively.
- Ensure relevant IT support staff are made aware of the current support issues via agreed communication procedures.
- Recommend hardware and software following set procedures with guidance from the Senior IT Manager.
- Obtain hardware and software quotes on behalf of users and other IT team members.
- Follow software purchasing guidelines and liaise with the Network Manager to ensure software is compatible with the office network.
- Advise IT Support Staff of all relevant hardware/software deliveries.
- Maintain the IT Asset Management System ensuring that all assets are recorded and updated/removed when required.
- Provide general administrative support to the IT Support Team and Director, Technology.
- Maintain staff accounts for email, VLE, management information system and action approved user account updates.
- Provide email support for parent queries relating to:
- The office Portal and general IT access.
- Conduct a daily IT checklist for each individual site in order to proactively prevent regular or common faults.
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Windows 7, 10, MacOS, Ubuntu
- MS Exchange, Active Directory and Google G Suite.
- Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016 and other common desktop applications
- Basic networking skills including TCP/IP and the ability to configure network printers.
- Awareness of all mainstream mobile technologies (RIM, Android, Apple etc.) specifically when related to the office’s email
Line support experience
- Experience supporting and maintaining an asset database Generic duties and responsibilities relevant to all members of staff:
- To work in a manner which is safe and healthy for both yourself and others with whom you come into contact
- To comply with safety instructions and regulations
- To promptly report all safety hazards and unsafe working practices;
- To be familiar with the offices’ IT Security and Safety Policy and comply with it at all times;
- To read and be familiar with the Staff handbook and Employment manual and follow the procedures
- To be familiar with and to follow guidelines as set out in the office staff policy documents;
- To work in a co-operative, diplomatic and flexible manner;
- To foster and maintain good working relationships, acting as a courteous, friendly and business-like member of the office team.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times when encountering sensitive information during the course of carrying out duties.
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other means.