ENGAGE | EDUCATE | INSPIRE
As an Azure Training Architect at A Cloud Guru, your primary focus will be to create advanced training tools in a variety of content mediums that will provide a path of education to our ever growing student base! These courses and materials are made available online through A Cloud Guru's virtual training portal. The courses include (but are not limited to) video lessons, live lab environments, quizzes, study guides and flashcards. Assuring student’s success is of the utmost importance at A Cloud Guru and you will play a huge part in that! This role reports to the Course Development Director.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru was built by engineers for everyone, everywhere. Here, you’ll have the freedom to follow your curiosity. We’re not afraid to just try, because when you’re working with cutting edge technologies, experimentation and trying out new ideas have to be encouraged and celebrated. Everyone on our team genuinely cares about our students, the quality of their education, and what that can mean for their careers and their lives.
Our engineers are building the world’s largest (and most awesome) cloud learning platform. Why? Our mission is to teach the world to cloud. Our fun, practical courses have helped over 1.5 million people learn to cloud, and we’re just getting started.What makes the Content Team awesome...
Who says learning something technical has to be a snooze? With a human touch, the world’s leading cloud gurus, and a few LEGO bricks, we’re giving people the skills they need to move up in their careers and change their lives… and having a bit of fun along the way.
Based on the latest learning techniques and infused with humor, our content is more than meets the eye, transforming novices into gurus faster than robots turn into semi trucks. To get our students on top of the cloud, we have to get there ourselves. We dedicate time each week to continued learning – from getting certs to brushing up on presentation skills.
- Be the expert. You will be appreciated for upholding our content quality standards.
- Be the advocate. Be the voice of our students and a sounding board for the company.
- Be values driven. Work where people are valued, and we do right by our customers.
- Change people's lives. Give people the education that helps them improve their lives.
Creating education is incredible. You get to teach and affect the lives of millions of people. At the same time, you get to learn too. How fun! -- Pete, VP of Education & ResearchAs an Azure Training Architect at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Design engaging and creative course materials that include real-world, hands-on and scenario driven content designed to prepare our students to not only meet their educational goals, but their professional ones as well.
- Reach a wide audience range and teach empathetically and effectively at all skill levels.
- Widen your skillset within the Microsoft Azure space by staying up to date with the latest and greatest trends and technologies on the Azure platform.
- Engage with student feedback and promote A Cloud Guru's materials and services.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Use their advanced level knowledge in Microsoft Azure to build scenario based labs that reflect real world challenges.
- Effectively and passionately communicate course materials to a worldwide audience.
- Meet or exceed OKR's set forth by management and optimize workflow to continue to champion the success of our customers.
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with MS Azure
- Must hold at least one current MS Azure Certification
- Must have a passion for teaching or mentoring as well as passion for the Azure community through meetups/events
- Technical content creation skills such as video/audio recording and editing experience is a plus!
- Must be autonomous in nature and extremely detail oriented
- Due to the large amount of audio/video recording required, a suitable recording environment is preferred
- Some travel to technology events may be requested in this role
I enjoy coming to work because we keep it fun. It's all about giving our students a little bit more joy in any way we can. There's a lot of creativity and bouncing ideas off of each other. – Matt, Director of Creative ServicesMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision — it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- Free paid time off (PTO) for Certs. All Gurus that pass a cloud certification get an extra PTO day on us. This helps us empathize with our customers’ experience.
- Full stack wellbeing. We offer nutrition consultations, and workshops on mindfulness, stress management, and more.
- Weekly idea hours. We dedicate 2 hours every week to put aside our normal work to focus on learning something new
- Expand your family. We offer gender-neutral paid parental leave above the required minimum in all our locations.
- Company events. We have BIG quarterly events to celebrate a value, and monthly fun events to keep the connection.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.