Billing Systems Analyst & Solution Architect at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
- Analyzing all billing procedures and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Documentation as well as the communication of functional requirements to applicable Enterprise teams, to ensure business requirements are clear, concise and accurate
- Participate in projects/change requests as needed, recommend solutions that demonstrate the core strengths of Enterprise platform and/or serve as a subject matter expert in Billing, and other related financial applications
- Serve as liaison between development teams during development, testing, and implementation stages- facilitating the coordination, testing, and deployment of application releases
- Ability to lead as a consummate business professional -demonstrating knowledge and understanding of customer-centric approach to billing, and deliver credible and accurate presentations or product demonstrations
- Develop and maintain a current knowledge of billing and related finance/accounting process
- Manage data validation and work with reporting and interface analysts to ensure accuracy and data verification of reports, query results and quality/state reporting
- Point person for issue tracking and on-going maintenance and support of billing system
- Provide support, as necessary, to global departments, including Business Development, Customer Support, Product, and Finance (Preparing, issuing and sending invoices; Reviewing invoices to ensure billing accuracy; Maintain updated records of accounts receivable; Preparing reports and meeting billing deadlines)
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Previous experience as a Billing Systems Analyst, Solution Architect or in a similar role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize
- Extensive knowledge base of billing, including taxation, cards, payments, etc.
- Familiarity with payment processors e.g., Braintree, Adyan, PayPal
- 5+ years of experience in supporting a SaaS Billing platform (like Recurly, Zuora, Tract)
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.