As the Business Operations Manager, you will be a cornerstone of executing our strategy to grow our business within the Defense sector. In this role, the individual will be responsible not only for managing / growing business with our major logos but also leading government / private sector Request for Proposals (RFPs) related activities (e.g., reviews, coordination, pricing, NDAs). The ideal candidate will simultaneously grow both our private sector and government related business but also identify new revenue opportunities within the space. The Business Operations Manager will also provide critical operational support and leadership that will enable the broader organization to grow with the option to manage a specific region and contribute to our national / international growth plans.
The Defense Vertical
At RigUp we are “Empowering the People who Empower the World”. Construction and Defense contractors are the ones on the front lines building the infrastructure and assets that power our nation. We aim to make placement easier and more accessible while providing a better experience for these contractors and clients.
Backed by multiple Venture Capital Firms (e.g., a16z, Founders Fund), RigUp is taking a fresh perspective on how to create a flexible, innovative business model supported by a strong operations foundation for temporary / on-demand labor. Professionals will use their deep sector knowledge and strategic selling experience to provide solutions to clients’ priorities, embrace the digital transformation, and maximize operational efficiency.
Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Top Sales Performer that brings a strategic approach to the selling process for major logos
- History of identifying opportunities, influencing key stakeholders, and own the deal through the close
- Experience with large RFPs / RFQ in Defense, DoD, and / or other government related programs (e.g., small business set aside)
- Ability to learn quickly and identify areas for improvements
- Network within Defense industry and the ability to influence those decision makers; experience growing your network and becoming a person of influence
- Transformation and improvement experience; being able to spot gaps / issues and solution towards process improvement
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to work across a matrixed organization effectively
- Customer / client experience; we exist because of our clients and field workers
- Team player, willing to wear multiple hats, roll up sleeves, and get the job done; you’ll be in the trenches learning, improving, and executing with a variety of stakeholders
What you should have:
- 3-7 years of experience in operations, consulting, and/or account management
- Bachelor's degree in business or operations field preferred
- Strong network of contacts within the Defense preferred
- Proposal experience
- People management experience
- Understanding of how to navigate business development environment within the DoD sector
- Sense of urgency to get things done while paying attention to the details
- Excellent communication skills, business acumen, and presentation skills - ability to acquire the attention and trust of both senior/director-level executives
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance
- Preferred locations Hampton Roads, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Richmond, Washington D.C., San Diego, Austin; will consider remote locations depending on experience
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description