Chief Information Officer at Cart.com
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:10 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, January 8, 2022
Cart.com is an ecommerce software and services company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands move faster, grow more quickly, and deliver on their promises more completely.
Cart.com’s CIO will be a high-energy, transformative leader that will drive the information systems vision and execution on a global basis. Cart.com has entered hyper-growth so we are looking for this strategic member to roll up their sleeves and build a world-class, global technology infrastructure and team to keep up with the needs of the business while propelling our growth for years to come.
At Cart.com, the CIO is an executive with a mandate to dream big, break the mold, execute fearlessly, and help make our transformative business vision a reality. You’ll be a senior member of the Innovation team, reporting to the Chief Innovation Officer alongside your peers including Cart.com’s CTO and CISO.
The CIO will have successfully lead the scale-up phase at a high-growth software business or technology-led organization while also having experienced the dynamics of a global-scale business. She or he will have built world-class teams along the way while delivering not just infrastructure, but strategically-advantaged technology capabilities that are part of Cart.com’s secret formula.
- Own and lead the long-range technology evolution for Cart.com’s business operations including commerical SaaS products, fulfillment center technology, end-user productivity applications, and cloud operations
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to evaluate, select, and support key business systems for finance, HR, productivity, sales, and other functions.
- Ensure robust integrations between SaaS software platforms necessary to run the business
- Participate as a key leader in M&A activity, participating in both the diligence and integration of acquired businesses
- Collaborate with the Product Engineering team to ensure Cart.com’s software products smoothly operate with internal technology platforms including CRM and ERP.
- Collaborate with the Information Security team to ensure robust security policies and procedures are designed and implemented across all internal technologies.
- Create a strong SRE/NOC practice, ensuring 24/7/365 monitoring and issue resolution for internal applications as well as key applications running in cloud environments including AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Lead internal business process analysis, application development, implementation, and support as necessary to facilitate growth and rapidly changing nature of Cart.com’s operations
- Manage a global technology footprint across several US-based offices, EU-based offices, fulfillment centers, and cloud environments.
- Build and scale a world-class IT team to drive exceptional outcomes for Cart.com employees and customers
- 10+ years in executive leadership roles in IT or technology development
- Strong player-coach capabilities sufficient to establish Cart.com’s IT roadmap then build a world-class team to execute
- Strong, current technical acumen sufficient to evaluate technologies, systems, and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in building and leading internally-facing application development teams using agile practices
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate complex topics in simple terms that are easily understood by non-technical members of the Cart.com team
- Servant-leader who works tirelessly to ensure team and mission success
- Life-long learner who diligently pursues building their technical, leadership, and business skills
- Ability to act as an experienced, general-purpose executive to identify opportunities, challenges, and resolutions across all facets of the business.
OUR CORE VALUES:
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They are on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS
We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX
We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
WE DON'T GIVE UP
No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
WE SPEAK UP
Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
WE WORK TOGETHER
We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
WE ARE HUMAN
Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.