Customer Experience Supervisor at Aceable
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable’s Customer Experience Supervisor ensures that customers' needs are met in a timely, high quality manner. Like the rest of the Customer Experience Team, the ideal candidate handles fast-moving, high-pressured situations, while staying calm and collected and having a ridiculously positive attitude.
In addition to working directly with our customers, the Supervisor is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and support to individual members of the Customer Experience Team. This includes providing feedback and support during shifts as well as during regular one-on-one meetings. As a result, this position requires a high level of empathy and sensitivity.
The ideal candidate understands how community support contributes to the overall success of the company and is driven by supporting the needs and growth of others.
This position can be located in Austin, TX or Houston, TX.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. Aceable fosters a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE TEAM
The Aceable Customer Experience team is the first point of contact for all customer service contacts. They are a customer facing, problem-solving, and results-driven team. They deliver excellent customer service and provide thorough and clear resolutions for our customers. They have a passion for pursuing growth through training, coaching, and learning new skills.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Handle escalated contacts from customers as needed
- Provide on-the-spot support and feedback to CX team members during shifts (e.g., keeping up morale, encouraging breaks and self-care as needed)
- Provide weekly supportive guidance to assigned CX team members (e.g., areas for growth, tools for improvement, goal-setting and check ins, professional development)
- Monitor call, chat, and email quality to ensure professional, accurate, and on-brand customer service
- Communicate regularly with the Customer Experience Manager about team status (e.g., additional training needs, team wins)
- Consistently serve as a role model of exceptional customer service
- Complete projects that enhance the output of the team and strengthen support for our customers (e.g., assisting with training new team members, creating resources/guides)
- Use your advanced knowledge of customer experiences to contribute ideas and insights that enhance the customer experience
- Collect and organize growing support trends to report cross-functionally to marketing, engineering, and product (e.g., relaying customer feedback to the product team, proposing new and creative ways to further engage with our Aceable community)
- Develop authentic and strong relationships with our awesome Aceable community members through proactive outreaches and stellar, responsive communication
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2+ years of managerial experience
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and employ exceptional critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills, leading by example and inspiring team members to realize their full potential.
- Initiative and self-awareness: you have them in spades. If you see a problem, you don’t wait for others to notice. You know a good idea when you see one and know how to take charge and run with it.
- A positive attitude every day at work because enabling people to succeed makes you giddy.
- Grit and the drive to personally increase your rating on the grit scale.
- You’re comfortable flying solo on projects and know how to seek out the knowledge you need on your own, but you also know when to reach out for help and feedback.
- Time-management and an eye for prioritization necessary to balance all of your responsibilities.
- Flexibility and the ability to wear many different hats.
- Passionate about helping people be better than they were yesterday--this extends beyond service to customers to include your team and the company as a whole.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback. We're constantly striving to improve and we want candidates who can be a part of that growth.
- A suitable remote working environment with reliable internet connection and distraction free, quiet area for calls is required. Laptop, headset, and voice-over phone equipment will be provided. (Due to the current pandemic, this role is currently a teleworking position.)
- Bilingual in Spanish. You are able to read, write, and speak in Spanish to communicate with our parents and students.
- Experience in the education sector; bonus points if you’re an educator.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.