Data Support Engineer
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
What you’ll do here can literally change lives. You’ll work with some of the brightest minds in tech, make lots of new friends (that also happen to be co-workers), and help people make informed decisions about one of the most meaningful things in their lives, their home.
We’ve got locations in Canada and the US, including great new digs in Austin TX, and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.
Data Support Engineers assist the development team by using their data and analytical skills to improve customer experience and product performance. Data Support Engineers triage and troubleshoot data inconsistencies across our products, perform manual data fixes, and consult with development stakeholders to build reporting and key metrics.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- You will identify, report and act on issues that lead to customer dissatisfaction
- You will collaborate with the development team to troubleshoot customer issues, find root causes, and generate solutions in a timely manner
- You will consult with development stakeholders to build reporting and key metrics
- You will support field teams by answering product questions and performing manual data fixes
Experience & Skill Requirements:
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Exposure to programming tools such as Python, Ruby, C#, Java
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Experience reasoning about complex systems and technology platforms
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What We Like To See:
- Prior experience working with product and engineering teams
- Self-starter and high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- Excellent attention to detail and strong outcome-oriented mindset
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Working with a highly-motivated team with a proven track record of success that also has a lot of FUN!
- Casual work environment, rewards, recognition and fun events
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance plus Flexible and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Investment in growing your career and providing you opportunity to have an immediate and massive impact on a growing company with a revolutionary business model
*No relocation is provided for this vacancy, local candidates preferred. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description